1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

'98 Durango A/C Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:03 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Default RE: '98 Durango A/C Problems

DO NOT TAKE IT BACK TO THAT JERK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your core"evaporator coil" where to blow out It would only do that If it could reach a high enough pressure to do so really unlikly they are desinged to take a huge amount of pressure they are desinged for what the max amount of pressor that the compressor can produce . I have never seen a pressure switch fail in the closed position most are desinged to open when they fail cuting power to compressor wich makes it more unbeliveable I have never seen one in 7 years And if the ciol did blow it would fill your cab with a cloud of oil and fog and it it would have done it when it was running and you where in ti he is lying I say this because this is what i do iam a hvac tec It sounds to me that he fiiled it and didnt replace the nedlle valve seals so when he hooked up his gages to a 9 year old truck when he took them off it didnt seal up and leaked out so he replaced the switch to make him self look better . Then the third time he did the coil to make some money off of you and when he put it back together wrong making the door not shut right on thesplitter door I would never take anything to him again.

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:04 PM
huntergang05

well, already rushed to pull the dash, panels anyway... 2 screws and had the main panel out, another 4 and had the instrument cluster out, another 4 and had the stereo pulled, and all the screws are the same size, lucky there. Actually manually closing the vent doors, seem to be getting alot more air through the front. not as it should be though.

Actually very easy to pull so far, and i figure this is prob about as far as i am going. But i can tell you this excessive gaps between connecting vents., 1/4 to 1/2 inch on each... surely losing alot of air there, seems factory that way though.

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:07 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

Dam iam good lol

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:35 PM
huntergang05

and where did that all come from?, who are you responding to?

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:38 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

Iam just saying that is what i said that he didnt put it back together right didnt mean to offend

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:42 PM
huntergang05

well, after i took the dash down, pull the instrument cluster and radio, manually opened the vent doors in the vent, for the two main center vents, (secondaries on the same chamber) seems to be working rather well, ... I KNOW, I KNOW, a quick fix and done half - ***, but im okay with it., I have come to terms and realize that it is far below the guesstimate the dodge service guy gave me of 4-500 just to tear into the dash and 76.00 to hook it up to diagnostics. not to mention price on whatever parts they decide i need., (more than whats called for im sure,)...

Thanks for all your help, now, if i can just figure out why my fan clutch is giving me probs... HMMMM..... another forum at another time.

Old 08-22-2007 | 01:48 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

They are junk mine sounded like a jet engine i hit a deer and ended up replacing mine with one from the junk yard off a 60,000 mile truck and it works great wierd my niehboor has put too on his 03 in two years I think its kinda a hit and miss deal

Old 08-22-2007 | 02:21 PM
United1
Professional

Hunter, glad it worked out for you.

Quick Reply: '98 Durango A/C Problems