1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2001 xmsn pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
bigfatstupid1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 xmsn pressure issue

Eveningall, I have a 2001 Durango with 46K+ miles. The truck is running great as can be EXCEPT from time to time the SES light comes on.

The SES light comes on right after I gointo passing gear on the highway or around town when I need to pass someone.

I hit the gas, the light comes on, and I have a very slow shifting or none at all. This happenedlast week for the first time and has done it ever since.

I have checked the engine and xmsn over and found no evidence of leakage, BUT, I did find that the xmsn filler / dip stick has pop'd off. I pushed it back in and in a few minutes to a few miles, the light goes out and the truck shifts normally.

I didn't get any codes as of yet from my mechanic but I believe it could be a clogged xmsn breather.

Trying to save a few bucks if possible so if anyone can confirm the breather or have a better suggestion all help would appreciated on this issue.

Thanks, Rich "BFS" Raymond

Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 AM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2001 xmsn pressure issue

BFS:

Pull the code that should have been stored by putting your IGN key through the following sequence:
Start with it OFF, then On/Off/On/Off/OnWhile doing this, look at your ODO read out and see what P....... code is displayed.

Give us the code here and someone will tell you what it somes back to. FYI, if you are at 46k and have not done at least one drain and refill trans filter /fluid change you are overdue.

Don

Quick Reply: 2001 xmsn pressure issue