1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

trans upshift 6 times

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:18 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trans upshift 6 times

He have it all twisted i think the goverment and car companys dont whant you to save that much money the money they make off the gas is in sain.

ORIGINAL: hydrashocker

I'm doubtful. They say 50% and at 17 MPG's on the 4.7L this is equivalent to 8.5 added MPG's. If I do the math it equals 25.5 MPG with the possibilities of and added increase.
But kind of funny that no one has heard of this (or very few). I think everyone would be running over everyone else to get on board with that kind of money savings.

Now if I was Ford or Chevy, or Dodge or even Honda, With my billions of dollars I think I would jump on this and run. Just imagine the response to selling a vehicle like ours with ***** to the wall (5 times the power) and run 38 MPG’s. I imagine that everyone would be out of business. Or how about a Honda rice burner that runs and already 35 MPG's with this then they to could run @ 50% and get 57 MPG's. Now the government would mandate these companies run this.

Look at California: Emissions

Now I'm not dissin ya, but I'm just not on board.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:27 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

True, but like I said I believe that Honda would incorporate it. Look at the ownership of the dealers. They don't care about fuel. They care about the bottom line. (How can I sell a car)

Old 12-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For alot of us that averages around 12-14 mpg. A 50% increase which will give us an average of 18-20 is not enough to justify the initial $999 for the kit. No telling how much extra it will cost once you add the additional PICC product to complement this HAFC. Unless you really drive alot of miles daily on your D. But alot of claims from their site shows doubled mileage. That's at a 100 percent increase.

If your 38 mpg is confirmed, what was your initial MPG? If my D can get 38 mpg, I will never drive another tiny vehicle again!

I agree with Hydra on this product not catching on much sooner to the general public. I would also think alot of automanufacturers may look at this product and incorporate it to their vehicles if they decide to sign up with this company. One thing that made me think about this product as just another gimmick is that background pic they have of what looks like a pertural power generator on their video. I remember that generator gimmick someone ran a while back that suppose to output more power than what is inputted in to save you electric bill or even the electric company buy back power from your generator.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:48 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

So get this **** it is a scam i am a member of modded mustangs and one of the guys found where he was jailed over this scam and many others here is the link http://www.atg.state.vt.us/display.p...amp;curdoc=885

Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

to answer everyones questions, yes i know the controversies behind dennis lee, that is for a different thread. (i am not supporting him or denying any of his actions) what the hell do i care?? this hafc works fine for me.
5x more power in a race...i don't think so i never made that claim.if there is a power increase let me be the first to tell you if there is i sure as hell can't tell the difference.

The thread started with a trans up shift of 6 times and a reduced rpm which had coincided with a better fuel mileage. and yes a I stay true to pulling 38mpg's on this trip. my average fuel mpg' are around town 21-27 really varies with traffic.
as it goes for the big manufacturers looking for hydrogen cars
chevy version
http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/sep06/4576
honda's version to be released in 08
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...uel-cell_N.htm
has anyone every played with hydrogen in a vehicle application? probably not any one from this forum. if you can install a regulator on a bottle of hydrogen , you can run your vehicles right now withvery littlemodifications (i have only done this with carberated applications at this time,thisvehicle was a cheap experiment and i did not want to waste more money,as i can turn off the electric fuel pump and introduced through air cleaner using the carb as a regultor) and the car ran just fine. i didn't take it on a cross country trip only up and down the block for testing purposes thats all.
i have nothing to prove to anybody here as i am not selling hafc's or picc's. i too had thought the guy who introduced this to me was a wack job until i was invited to a classroom for a training seminar. that iswhen this all made sense. but what they are leaving out of the equasion is the mixture's and tuning requirements. this whatever you want to call does workIF PROPERLY TUNED! huge problem's in the tuning area.I don't have nothing to gain by posting bull**** on the boards.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

I am not saying you are a thief i did some recerch as well and found that he did not even invent alot of the things he says he did atleast not ones that worked and the stuff he did wasent as good as he said seems to me the second part of this kit if it ever comes out will be a ungodly price he does have a way about him to make you think that this would work but he also has that creepy used car salesman feel do you have any pics of your system?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

big bad I am only a few hours north of you screw the pics i will show you the whole sytem.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

that would be cool i love my d but gas sucks *** so was selling to buy power stroke ford to run veggi oil thugh about doing diesel in d but no room

Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Durango911
Professional

I get about 10-12mpg! haha I would kill to get 18-20. I'm trying to get an appt with B&G for a SCT tune for gas mileage and then a full out race mode. I would definately spend $1,000 for a setup that could give me that much of an increase.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

durangeddurango,

We're not putting you down for posting BS on this forum, It's just that everyone has been constantly posting the samo samo question about how to get better fuel mileage out of our thirsty D's and currently until your post, there is no such product out in the market that can really give such a big increase in MPG's.

When you coincidentally posted your response of such a high MPG from your D, I at least initially thought it was a typo. I had never heard of any near full size suv that can get that kind of MPG.

I assume you had this HAFC setup for a while now? If so, why did you not mention this to the forums? I am sure you would have stirred up alot of curiousity and alot of questions from us.

Putting all of this aside now, I and like most other users on this forum, really wants to know more about your HAFC setup. I am sure there will be lots of interested D owners here that wants to install the HAFC product after hearing more from your setup.

Quick Reply: trans upshift 6 times