1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

trans upshift 6 times

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:51 PM
durangeddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans upshift 6 times

just came back from a road trip on vacation, round trip about 1300 miles. when we left trans was fine. about 500 mile into the trip i came off the interstate to refuel, check fluid levels all is ok went to leave the gas station and noticed the trans shifting awfully weird it upshifted 6 times almost felt like i had a shift kit put in. well i continued at highway speeds 75+. and no problems however i did notice that when i was at 90 m.ph. my rpms were at 2300 never have they ever been that low at 90 mph??? any way when i got off the expressway it downshifted normally came to a stoplight now i am in stop and go traffic at 30 mph shifts to second at 35 shift to what i think is 3rd then it shifts at 40 shifts again at 50 all along the rpms continue to lower when i reach 65 rpms were at 2100 which is what is normal it shifts again at 70now my rpm is at 1500. needless to say i had made it home without any problems and the trans is not slipping but i have never seen anything like this before nor has my d ever did this before.still has the problem of6 shifts,no memory codes stored. any ideas??? gas mileage was great almost 38 per gallon so i am not complaning there. my truck is pretty much stock other thanthe exhaust and i had installed a hafc(hydrogen assisted fuel cell which has no bearing on the trans shift points) I will try to duplicate the speeds and graph with the genisis (provided johnny law is not present) but i am at a total loss of what is going on internally to the trans. you just don't gain a extra gear out ofthin air???

Old 12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: trans upshift 6 times

I am curious about your MPG. I assume it must be a typo? 38 mpg? 28 mpg is more realistic. Doing 90 mph at 2300 rpms is a really tall gear.

Is your D a regular 2WD or 4WD?

Old 12-29-2007, 07:50 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I call bull**** on the mileage as well. Maybe 18.

Trans needs to be adjusted, new filter and fluid. Sounds like someone put the wrong fluid in the trans.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
durangeddurango
Professional

no the fuel mileage is correct at 38 do some research on a hafc hydrogen assist fuel cell before calling bull**** hydra.
http://bwt.jeffotto.com/
http://bwt.jeffotto.com/hafc-1.htm

as it goes for the trans it exploded on me last night i only have reverse i can't explain the trans failure until i pull it out.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

What kind of milade do you normaly get with this? What is involved in runing this setup i was thinking i would sell my d and run a desel and run vegi oil but this may work to

Old 12-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to the site to hear more info on your HAFC kit and it sounds interesting. So is the price fo $999. But it is worth every cent if you can get what they guarantee at the minimum 50% or better increase in MPG's. I would really be curious on the company claims of their PICC product to complement this system to even further enhance the system.

As you seemed to have one installed and showed us that you got your 38 mpg on your Durango, do you have pics? Give us your story on what you had to do to get everthing installed properly on your Durango and did you had a certified HAFC tech to tune the system for you to get the optimized outcome of the system?

If your claim holds true of 38 or better mpg, alot of us here may be following your route.

Currently, I have my D garaged 90 percent of the time and only used when I have alot of people to carry or just drive it once in a while on weekends now that I have a 07 Jetta to drive to save some gas. But with the HAFC, I may have it installed on my Jetta and see a double or triple mpg increase as well.

Please let us know of your experience and what you had to do to get your HAFC to work.My concern is that what areas in the U.S., does this company have certified techs to tune the system for you?

Old 12-30-2007, 05:43 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

+1

ORIGINAL: Kensai

I went to the site to hear more info on your HAFC kit and it sounds interesting. So is the price fo $999. But it is worth every cent if you can get what they guarantee at the minimum 50% or better increase in MPG's. I would really be curious on the company claims of their PICC product to complement this system to even further enhance the system.

As you seemed to have one installed and showed us that you got your 38 mpg on your Durango, do you have pics? Give us your story on what you had to do to get everthing installed properly on your Durango and did you had a certified HAFC tech to tune the system for you to get the optimized outcome of the system?

If your claim holds true of 38 or better mpg, alot of us here may be following your route.

Currently, I have my D garaged 90 percent of the time and only used when I have alot of people to carry or just drive it once in a while on weekends now that I have a 07 Jetta to drive to save some gas. But with the HAFC, I may have it installed on my Jetta and see a double or triple mpg increase as well.

Please let us know of your experience and what you had to do to get your HAFC to work.My concern is that what areas in the U.S., does this company have certified techs to tune the system for you?

Old 12-30-2007, 05:51 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

Not sure i belive him after looking at pro all the questions he asked and never mintioned something like this??????????? would have to se picks to belive i think

Old 12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

I'm doubtful. They say 50% and at 17 MPG's on the 4.7L this is equivalent to 8.5 added MPG's. If I do the math it equals 25.5 MPG with the possibilities of and added increase.
But kind of funny that no one has heard of this (or very few). I think everyone would be running over everyone else to get on board with that kind of money savings.

Now if I was Ford or Chevy, or Dodge or even Honda, With my billions of dollars I think I would jump on this and run. Just imagine the response to selling a vehicle like ours with ***** to the wall (5 times the power) and run 38 MPG’s. I imagine that everyone would be out of business. Or how about a Honda rice burner that runs and already 35 MPG's with this then they to could run @ 50% and get 57 MPG's. Now the government would mandate these companies run this.

Look at California: Emissions

Now I'm not dissin ya, but I'm just not on board.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:16 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Hey a quick question.

With 5 times the power out of your rig like this says you should be able to beat me in a race hands down (right).

Quick Reply: trans upshift 6 times