1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Engine code

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
oharabrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine code

Thank goodness I found this site. Been reading some threads and you are all very informative. I just wish I had found you a month ago...lol.

Im going to be girly here...lol. My Durango has not been showing my any love as of late. We had the check engine light flicker on a few. took her back into the shop. I forgot to ask what code popped up.....anyways....

a friend of my husbands told me about the turn the ignition on 3 times and a code will pop. I did this and I received

P done

I know this is not a code but can you please tell me what this is telling me? Im assuming that the code has been read or no code response or is it telling me I did it properly but nothing to show.

any info on this would be helpful.

thank you so much

Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Engine code

That it has ck'ed for for any P codes, so if you had a P0455 code then it would show the code and then done meaning end of test. So P done means no codes.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
oharabrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine code my situation

Thank you for that info.

it started like this for me. a month ago driving down the road. come to a light. turns green put my foot on the accelerator and around 35 mph she starts hesitating, shaking and not wanting to accelerate almost lock up. the idling at standstill was very hard.

took her home. she would then not restart...tried a few mins later she kind of started and then would not. we had the battery and all that checked. all was good. went to take her to the shop on monday morning and she would not turn over again. so we towed her to the shop. when she got to the shop she started. was taken down the street for a drive and mechanic experienced the same reaction i did stated earlier.

so they fixed ...lol

spark plugs, distributer cap, rotor, beldin wires and the catalitic converter( was told the plugs to it were damaged).

when i picked her up she did accerate at higher speeds the way I know and like my durango to drive, so i called. and then got her on the hwy at took her up to 70 mph to see how her speed was. the check engine light flickered on for a few and then the my dodge was driving the way i know her to drive.

i took her back to the shop to get the check engine light looked at and on the way back to the shop the idle again after driving her a few miles was really hard again.

so they tell me now that the code led them to a misfire issue. i was told that my vehicle is misfiring on one cylinder and it is not the same one all the time.they were giving up. they did not want to suggest any more things wrong and cost me more money if that will not end up ficing up.so now im taking her to dodge on monday to get her looked at.

and that was when i was coming home and my husbands friend suggested the turn on 3x to get the code.

so after anyone reading this...any input or thoughts would be helpful. appreciate your time.

2000 durang 5.9L V8

Quick Reply: Engine code