1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Anyone try HHO?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonOfMadness
That I will do...unless it make s me millions then I'll post it after I get my durango layered in 24k gold=lol---I'll post anything I find or destroy in experimentation=lol
anything you destroy we requrie a link to a youtube video so that we can see what happened and watch it again and again lol

Old 03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NP=but I gotta becareful I live in city limits an the neighbors are still peeved about the window shade tube diegos I made for the last 4th of July.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Devil_dog_switch
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so anyone done this? because well.. i does work.. i helped a guy do it to his town car.. it works on a very simple principal.. electricity seperates the H2O.. into it's gaseous forms.. and that gets pumped into the air intake (or if you're very good with customizing i'm sure you can do a direct port injection into the cylinder) basically makes your air more explosive.. thus better power.. gas milage. and torque.. there are kits out there for as cheap as 50 and as expensive as 1k.. a buddy bought a diagram to build his own kit for 20.. though he never put it on.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Wh1T3_W45P

Well what are you guys using for the reaction?? Not salt I hope!!!

Me and my freind have maid a couple of these before, did alot of research and my friends uncle has made them before. The best way to make them is with a coil design. To make the reaction we used a combo of water and potassium hydroxide aka: Red Devil Lye. This works ALOT better then anything you will put in that little jar!!!! DO NOT USE SALT!! It rusts stuff as you know in the winter on the road cars do rust!

But anyhow When you finally make the design you are happy with, use a bubble jar so you don't blow your self up!! Especially in a carbureted car, becuase if you get some sort of backfire or something that would send flame backwards, It goes BOOM! My friends uncle has had it happen to him.

But after we made ours, we where very successful with our design. We ran many things completely off of it. My friends little brothers golf-cart, ran completely off of HHO! We also ran like weed wackers and leaf blowers and stuff.

But be safe and do your research, Remember this is like making a small hydrogen bomb!!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to see that it worked out for you!

As far as I know there hasn't been any salt used but who knows as this thread is older and kinda fell off.

Are you using it now?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:08 AM
SumAmerican
Professional

this would be a heck of a fun project.. ive seen stuff like this work online before.. i'm kinda concerned about long term maintenance issues.. but still kinda worth it

Old 08-22-2009, 02:10 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The long term maintenance issues are the reason it's not being used as much not to mention stability factors in lean motor and explosive characteristics.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Wh1T3_W45P

See, that why I was saying to use the red devil dye. That is a non-corrosive agent, that stables that mixture. And when you use a bubble jar, the explosive characteristics that you talk about go away. It is a good thing to use, but you have to use it carefully, in small quantities.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
durangoSLTV8

Wow! that's an interesting read...keep us posted on any results.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 AM
speedmic

I'm new to this site. I love reading all of your posts. I feel like I know you all but this HHO will not work the way that you want it to. Extracting hydrogen from water requires more work (in terms of power, using a DC power source) then what you receive back. The science works, it just doesn't save you gas or provide you with any more HP. It's a very promising fuel source. Just not in this application.

Big motors like the 5.9 are great for running hydrogen. This process needs lots of air and even more fuel (in terms of volume compared to gasoline) This is why they are using freeze liquid hydrogen on similar motors in Europe. Even if you run straight liquid hydrogen in a turbo or Supercharged motor, you'll come up just short on power (in terms of the gasoline equivalent.) Hydrogen, will best be used in fuel cell cars.

As long as we are dreaming of getting better gas mileage...
I would like to put a 5.9L Cummins turbo Diesel in my Durango.
It would run on moonshine
Some for you (I would say to my Durango) and some for me;D

Last edited by speedmic; 08-29-2009 at 07:22 AM.