Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the recall doesnt apply to our durango, ours is a 2wd

Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mean Green
^ I agree, then when they go out again (which they will, it only took 2 years for my new ones to crap out) you can just unbolt them and slap some Moogs in there. If you haven't bought your new ball joints go to www.rockauto.com they have lifetime warranties on their Moogs and a good price and good customer service. Also on the hub it is an easy swap and since you're tackling the ball joints you have to take it out anyway.
Moog moog moog moog moog moog moog.
If you dont use Moog ball joints, and get the cheapies your an idiot P . A little extra money for a time proven part isnt the end of the world..

Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got to pick up some uppers myself. My one gripe is that I replaced the left outer tie rod end with a Moog 1 1/2 years ago and it went bad. I will chalk that up to "even the best make mistakes sometimes". No worries though. I will buy a new one, replace it, then send the old one back and get a refund. All I need up front to be all moog are the uppers and the right outer tie rod end. Then onto those squeaky bushings.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mean Green
I've got to pick up some uppers myself. My one gripe is that I replaced the left outer tie rod end with a Moog 1 1/2 years ago and it went bad. I will chalk that up to "even the best make mistakes sometimes". No worries though. I will buy a new one, replace it, then send the old one back and get a refund. All I need up front to be all moog are the uppers and the right outer tie rod end. Then onto those squeaky bushings.
Of course their not indestructable, hehe. Save your receipts, i myself been through them all and moog's have held up the best. But then again i beat the living crap outta my D... Nothing like 5' of air to let ya know the D is front heavy, but i left my mark. Nuff ramblin go fix those squeaky bushings that you cant get replacements for..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
explrcnvrtbl
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so i will be doing moog upper and lower balljoints, the left front hub assembly, those look pretty easy

i will also be replacing the transmission mount, how hard is that to do?

Quick Reply: 2002 2wd Dodge Durango help needed