Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Do you have a favorite tire!!!!

Tho the different tire brands I bought I've only seen about an average of 30,000 miles per set. These included the Bridgestone Dueler and also the Big O R/T both in 31X10.5 LT 15. My rig and my hard foot just likes to go through tires????
How was the wet traction on the Duelers?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I liked em!

Good all around tire. Quiet, cornering capable, off road, ect.

I had a big problem tho. When I take off from a stop my tires spin even on dry asphalt. Mix that with snow and it was very hard for me. The BFG KO's delt with that problem very well. Now it snows and even tho I spin at least I can get going. Most of the time I gotta throw it in 4X4 while in snow because of the torque. When locked in I used to slide side ways when taking off and still kinda do, but the BFG's all around are best for my application. Tho there was a decrease in fuel milage by an average of 1 to 1 1/2 mpg because of cuping air.

When in the rain the tires just light up! Not much I can do about it. Theres just too much torque! But I'm happy with em. In my application all the tires I've tried spin like crazy except for these.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Kensai, I would look at the front end having problems. Inspect all of the suspension components for play and replace anything that wobbles (even slightly). I bet that is why the alignment goes out so fast.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Oh and BTW BFG AT's. They rock. I just keep 35 all around and I have about 30K on them and tons of tread left. I'm loving them I think I'll stick with them when it comes time for new ones.

Last edited by Mean Green; 10-18-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Did you have that same problem with wet traction like me Green?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Mean Green
Champion

I have no issues in any conditions. They just stick to the road and the not so paved routes that I try to take when life permits.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Suspension

Originally Posted by Mean Green
Kensai, I would look at the front end having problems. Inspect all of the suspension components for play and replace anything that wobbles (even slightly). I bet that is why the alignment goes out so fast.
I did all the alignment from a reputable dodge shop. Everytime I bring it in for alignment, I do have them check my front end for any possible problems as you have mentioned. So far, everything checked okay.

I will take it to a non dodge shop to get it re-aligned and see what happens. Problaby a firestone center to get a 4 wheel alignment.

Now that I have a brand new set of BFG Long trail touring T/A's, I don't want to prematurely wear out these tires due to bad alignment. So far, these longtrails touring T/A's are much quieter and smoother ride than my previous BFG Comp T/A's. I guess there is a difference between H rated and T Rated tires. But at least these tires are supposed to be rated to 65k miles. Hopefully I can make them last that long. I got 10k over the rated life of my Comp T/A's.

Now with fuel prices down a bit, I will be able to drive my D more often. Now to start thinking of building that HHO system. I will have to do some research to see if I can get the same output but uses much less amperage.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:19 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Mines just flat out torque. Even when hooked up to the trailer with aout 745lbs on the tongue I can still spin my BFG KO's on dry asphalt. It's fun and cool but WTF?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Mean Green
Champion

I guess you are putting out a little bit more power than me though.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:27 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

ya but look at all the work he has done to his engine too?

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure's