1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1999 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 11:35 AM
cxlx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Durango

Hola,</P>

I picked up my Durango (SLT 5.2L V8)on friday. I love it. My previous car was a Ford Probe, which I loved, but its not practical for me anymore. Anyways, I had a few questions already. </P>

1. It looks like I have fog lights, but Im not sure. The lens are there on my front bumper. However, I checked the owners manual and it says, in order to turn them on, I need to pull the headlight ****. But It doesnt seem like you can pull it. So Im not sure. </P>

2. The rear hatch doesnt spray windshield washer fluid. Does it use the same tank as the front windshield? </P>

3. When I pop the hood, the light for the hood doesnt come on. Im just assuming I need to change the bulb, anyone know what size it is? Or where I can find a replacement? </P>

Thanksin advance guys/gals. </P>

Old 07-18-2004, 05:32 PM
davidb
Default RE: 1999 Durango

to turn on the driving lights you neet to turn your headlight switch to the parking lights or headlight mode and pull on the switch to turn them on but they only work with your low beam headlights on they will go off when you switch to highbeem as for the washer fluid tank for the rear wiper it is located at the rear right post when you open your rear gate you should see the fill cap on the post on the right.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:20 PM
seanery
Rookie

There's another thread right now regarding the wiper fluid location. It seems like the 99 and earlier had a rear resevoir, but the later models had only one.
As for the bulb, just take it out and go to your local FLAPS, they will have the exact bulb or a chart that shows each brand's part #.

Good Luck.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:37 PM
rockadaous
Professional

welcome to the board and congrats on your new D. It looks like your problems have all ready been addressed.

Quick Reply: 1999 Durango