newbie needs some upgrade advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:44 PM
ChrisHackIT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post replies to you guys

Hey guys,

Once again thanks for all the helpful info.

Deerang: I have never done a wheel alignment, I should get a four wheel alignment or just align the front only, also with the rear windows they never worked to begin with but my guess is that they probally stopped working at the same time. That's pretty cool you live is Oshawa I am in Durham region also, keep in touch.

Hydra: Thanks for all the links, I will check the sway bar bushings and also I will have to jack the front end up and check the front end like you said in your last post. I am going to buy a new TPS from NAPA and see what heppens, but just to let you know I did change the TPS last year and it was also purchased from a Dodge dealer, so more then likley that one has also failed but the computer does not trip out or does not trip the sensor?
What bushings do you recommend or should I buy a kit from HOTCHKIS let me know.

DRO318: The gas pedal goes to the floor but it feels hard when I punch it or speed up. I got your last post and it was very helpful, so maybe I should clean the throttle body and see what happens, what cleaner do I use and who makes it and how much does it cost?.

Mean Green: When ever you want free-to-air satellite just let me know I can get all the boxes at a very good price. I don't have any power steering leaking at all but I will check the power steering fluid and will keep you updated. If you want to exchange numbers send me a Private message.

Cheers all,

ChrisHackIt

Old 11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
deerang
All Star

I say do the 4 wheel allignment.. it makes sure the D tracks straight, and not just the front tires pointing straight with each other..

I'll be going mudding this saturday or sunday with some buddies from school.. Mildly built Toyota, and a beater Ford (305, 5spd, open diff, 28" tires).. Lemme know if you're interested and I'll give you the info when I get it.. It's somewhere in Durham region, think the boys said its less than 15 mins from Durham College

Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deerang

I'll be going mudding this saturday or sunday with some buddies from school..
You honestly suck in my book now... I've waited for this weekend for about 4 months to hit some massive trails with some crazy rigs in ny... Beat the d a lil too hard, gotta get the trans seal fixed (simple problem/no time though for once someone gets to work on my truck but it will be out of commision till next week. Hope ya have a great time.. Make sure ya take pics..

Old 11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
deerang
All Star

and you suck in my books.. Youv'e got some great work done on your D, I'm a poor student with balding tires.. can't wait to graduate so I can spend money on toys haha

Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

and you suck in my books.. Youv'e got some great work done on your D, I'm a poor student with balding tires.. can't wait to graduate so I can spend money on toys haha
There's PLENTY of time for toys. Study hard, learn all you can!!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't wait to graduate so I can spend money on toys haha
Im really care full with my money, the toys ate em up.. so i sold all the toys and the d gets favored sometimes (99% of everything on my d is done by me on a limited budget).. The d is getting close to stock performance wise, and the money for the parts, and the money saved on gas goes towards the $18,000. i have left on my school loan over $400+ a month. I sooo need a second job P

gr8scott72: There's PLENTY of time for toys. Study hard, learn all you can!!
You could not be any more right.. But i have one thing to add. There's PLENTY of time for women tooo. School first.. (My mistake )

Old 11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
deerang
All Star

i currently have no debt in my third year in a four year program.. I have no debt because I work my *** off in 4 months of summer, and don't spend any money.. that and a bit of inheritance has gotten me by so far..

As for the women, i need something to distract me at school, otherwise I'd go crazy and prolly shoot myself! Last week I got 10 digits off my waitress at the school pub!! Woot woot!! I'm so proud of myself

Old 11-12-2008, 06:24 PM
ChrisHackIT
Amateur
Post List of upgrades / Did I miss anything ??????

Guys,

Here is the list that I have put together from the information that I gathered from you all.

Change Oils:

Tranny Fluid + Filter, Front & Rear Diff, 4X4 Transfer Case

Service Needed on my D :

4WD Alignment, TPS(Purchase new one, plus do Hydra's TPS Mod, hope you can help me Hydra), Fuel injector flush, Steering box adjustment, clean throttle body, clean IAC solenoid(behind throttle body), Exhaust-cat-back pressure test / change "Y" pipe, Sway bar bushings + ball joints check out front end.

Parts Needed:

8X Champion spark plugs (Part#4318 truck plug-gap:.040), K+N cold air intake(whole kit), bilstein HD shocks(all around), BFG A/T KO series (all around).

I also forgot to mention that I do NOT have a cap + rotor in my D the chrysler mechanic told me it's all electronic, any suggestions let me know

Guys, let me know if I missed anything or if you guys have any more suggestions.

Deerang: I live in Ajax Ontario so if ya want to meet let me know maybe you can help me out and do you know a good honest mechaniac or can you help me do this myself?.

PS: Congrats on picking up a new chicky for ur self

Cheers,
ChrisHackIT

Last edited by ChrisHackIT; 11-12-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

Originally Posted by ChrisHackIT
Guys,

Here is the list that I have put together from the information that I gathered from you all.

Change Oils:

Tranny Fluid + Filter, Front & Rear Diff, 4X4 Transfer Case

Service Needed on my D :

4WD Alignment, TPS(Purchase new one, plus do Hydra's TPS Mod, hope you can help me Hydra), Fuel injector flush, Steering box adjustment, clean throttle body, clean IAC solenoid(behind throttle body), Exhaust-cat-back pressure test / change "Y" pipe, Sway bar bushings + ball joints check out front end.

Parts Needed:

8X Champion spark plugs (Part#4318 truck plug-gap:.040), K+N cold air intake(whole kit), bilstein HD shocks(all around), BFG A/T KO series (all around).

I also forgot to mention that I do NOT have a cap + rotor in my D the chrysler mechanic told me it's all electronic, any suggestions let me know

Guys, let me know if I missed anything or if you guys have any more suggestions.

Deerang: I live in Ajax Ontario so if ya want to meet let me know maybe you can help me out and do you know a good honest mechaniac or can you help me do this myself?.

PS: Congrats on picking up a new chicky for ur self

Cheers,
ChrisHackIT
Don't forget your coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and battery fluid level (if it's not a sealed battery)

You can flush your coolant.

You can use a turkey baister to suck out old power steering fluid and fill with new.

You can use the baister on the brake res and then add new fluid and then bleed all four brakes.

And the battery, well, you can add water to that if it needs it.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Distilled water only on the battery.

Quick Reply: newbie needs some upgrade advice