Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cold brew in the other hand

Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 PM
ChrisHackIT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duranged408
A cold brew in the other hand
LOL, dude I might need your help if you have time let me know, I will supply the brew.

Cheers,

ChrisHackIT

Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ChrisHackIT
LOL, dude I might need your help if you have time let me know, I will supply the brew.

Cheers,

ChrisHackIT
Sounds good, i'll do the diffs. engine.coolant,psteering oil/fluids. then intake and sensors, then get your hand with the brake fluid. You doing the trans and filter should only take an hour....

Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
ChrisHackIT
Amateur
Question Tps

Hydra & All,

I spoke to a mechanic and he told me if I drill out the brass ring from the TPS and trie fine tuning it it can cause problems to the computer and the sensors and can cause engine damage and causes the computer to become confused from time to time, if one of you guys can help me please reply back

Have a great weekend, guys

Cheers,

ChrisHackIT

Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

Originally Posted by ChrisHackIT
Hydra & All,

I spoke to a mechanic and he told me if I drill out the brass ring from the TPS and trie fine tuning it it can cause problems to the computer and the sensors and can cause engine damage and causes the computer to become confused from time to time, if one of you guys can help me please reply back

Have a great weekend, guys

Cheers,

ChrisHackIT

Quite the opposite. When you set it, you are setting it to the OPTIMAL setting. That is the way it is supposed to be from the factory but there are variances in the manufacturing of the TPS.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
DRO318
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+ 2 on that... Dude you won't burn anything due to setting the TPS. I was worried about it too before I set mine... in the end It makes everyhing more on point

Old 11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Considering the variables on the OEM units, you get anywhere from .43 volts to .96 volts at rest and Wide Open Throttle (WOT) at 4.5 volts. They cannot go over voltage because they are regulated. By setting the unit to a perfect voltage takes the variables out of the OEM units that are not set. Not to mention on install you can move them a small bit anyway and get the wrong setting.

This is for optimal performance and noticeable improvements over a large spectrum and with thousands of usage personal and experience and taking the variables out how can you go wrong? Of course a mechanic is going to be against it! This is the reason we are here to fix the mechanics bull **** excuses!

Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Facory
Professional
Default Steering Problem

Unfortunately, the front end steering looseness is typical of the 1st generation Durango. I own the 5.9 SLT 4WD HD transfer case. Have chased this problem since I bought it. I have replaced ball joints, power steering pump, sway bar bushings (only because they squeaked), steering gear twice, shocks. The greatest improvement came from replacement of the steering gear. It took two from NAPA before we got one that was tight. I normally don't even notice the looseness anymore. It's not as tight as a sports car, but it's acceptable. I have 16" Michelin 275's which could add a little more travel to get them turning. If you have a 1G Durango you will just have to live with it.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Facory
Unfortunately, the front end steering looseness is typical of the 1st generation Durango. I own the 5.9 SLT 4WD HD transfer case. Have chased this problem since I bought it. I have replaced ball joints, power steering pump, sway bar bushings (only because they squeaked), steering gear twice, shocks. The greatest improvement came from replacement of the steering gear. It took two from NAPA before we got one that was tight. I normally don't even notice the looseness anymore. It's not as tight as a sports car, but it's acceptable. I have 16" Michelin 275's which could add a little more travel to get them turning. If you have a 1G Durango you will just have to live with it.
No problem here with my first gen. Im trying to figure out what you mean by looseness though. If your talking play, then no you dont have to live with it and no its not okay. It will happen with the wear n tear but it can be fixed. I did have some play after daily abuse for about three years with 33"x12.50's though.. But nothing Moog didnt cure.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. No problem here.

Quick Reply: newbie needs some upgrade advice