Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeperDon
I doubt that would help his concern. As you said, there are a lot of parts to move, so reducing the parts count would make it move easier, which would further make him think there is a problem. It would be nice if there were an torque spec for rotating the a wheel (like there is for the pinion nut when going axle gears). DomDad, if you're mainly concerned with the hub and brakes, next time you get home from a decent trip, see of the hubs are about the same temperature and not crazy hot.
Likely very true. I suspect there isn't a torque spec for that, simply because there are too many variables involved. Even brake pad compound could skew the numbers.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:28 PM
Luis Leon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I am having a heck of a time getting the TCCM out of my 2001 Dodge Dakota. Got the new part, took everything out as far as I could figure from the instructions here. I just can't figure out how to get the old one out.

I have remote start and a pretty good stereo system so there's wires hanging around that I'm working around but still not in the way of the TCCM. I just can't figure out how to get to it. I took out the 3 screws, just can't get to the actual module to take it out. What am I missing? Here's some pics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Control Module Location, TCCM