1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Wheel Bearlings???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just ended up buying everything on their list aftermarket for around $400 and replaced the parts myself then got an alignment.
Thats normal!

However, when I did the job, I really had to hammer off the hub assembly so I suspect that may have caused the bearing wear.
That will do it.

The second major problem I am about to deal with is the heater core which I’m going to replace in the upcoming weeks - yikes.
Have fun with that.......LOL

When you do it take some good pictures please for a DIY writeup! PM or email me and we can work on it!

One thing I am really interested in is I really want to know if it is anyway possible to cut the fireway on the engine side to get to it and place a panel over it. Please take some good pictures in this area!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
mattd860
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on taking tons of pics. I'd imagine cutting the firewall would make the job easier but wouldn't the engine have to be removed first? Or are you saying it's easier to remove the engine than it is to remove the dash... LOL.

I see you are from SLC - Snowbird & Brighton FTW!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 PM
viper919
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hydrashocker

One thing I am really interested in is I really want to know if it is anyway possible to cut the fireway on the engine side to get to it and place a panel over it. Please take some good pictures in this area!!!!!!
DON'T CUT THE FIREWALL!! I just did this the other day, I did not take pictures but there is a thread on here with pics. Hardest thing is getting to a bold middle of the firewall just above the tranny )that bolt did not get reinstalled LOL) you only need to lift away the dash on the passenger side and hang it out of the way. If you remove it you might as well take the next two days off.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick Reply: Wheel Bearlings???