1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Poor fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You gota be runnin 355 gearing!

Last edited by hydrashocker; 05-11-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the Champion Truck plugs for a minute.

Three of the major chain stores in local area searched and Zero for three on Champion truck Plugs. Advance, A/Z and PepBoys not one of them carry truck plugs. They have OEM Champion Copper or Platinum.

Will the OEM Champion OEM Copper work? I already have the Autolite Copper installed now. I am out on a quest for the Champion Truck Plugs but don't want to keep getting a no find, or waste time that could be spent on installing plugs.

Any Ideas on where I can find Champion Truck plugs besides the places mentioned above?

Steve

Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

NAPA has em.

Also, Champion Copper Plus is OEM and are good for your rig. Champion Part Number 439 (RC12MCC4). Gaped at .040

Here is the Champion Truck Plug: I found it at www.rockauto.com shipped to you house.
CHAMPION Part # 4318 TRUCK PLUG .040 gap

Maybe with a part number you can get it ordered.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:16 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Thanks Hydra!!!

I had overlooked Rock Auto on my google search. I ordered from their web site, I was able to get the part number from Advance. What a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space. They show the part number but don't carry them and can't order them. I do remember the part number 4318 though. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week. I guess I have waited this long whats another few days right?

Steve

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Ya,

Ordering always sucks but thats when you get a couple of other things you've been needing while your there. Then again It takes a coulpe of days but in the end you get what you want. If I order plugs then I order 9 plugs because I could break one. Then I just keep the extra on hand from there on. I looked on www.summitracing.com and theres were more money.

CPN-4318 Champion Truck Plug Spark Plugs
Spark Plug, Truck, Flat Seat, 14mm Thread, .750 in. Reach, Resistor, Each
Today$2.95

Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by MAGIC84
Thanks Hydra!!!

I had overlooked Rock Auto on my google search. I ordered from their web site, I was able to get the part number from Advance. What a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space. They show the part number but don't carry them and can't order them. I do remember the part number 4318 though. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week. I guess I have waited this long whats another few days right?

Steve
You can tell I'm partial to Auto Zone for most of my parts. It seems like Cheaker's always gives me the wrong parts, Pep Boy's never have anything, I spend more time taking the parts back or calling dead ends then working on my rig.....IMHO

I've pulled parts from CarStar, and there was a parts store called Bradshaw where I used to live (out of buisness now) that had good parts. I remember that I bought great front rotors from them for 22 bucks each.....LOL....and still installed years later

NAPA is always good in my book as well, but like anything, you got to know what your looking for and this is a good place to find out what works the best.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Jmodix

One thing you also have to do is watch out for the mods that make noise...

I put on an intake, instantly got better MPG. A week later bought a performance muffler.. something that makes a nice growl... And my mpg hit the floor. OK.. so maybe its my foot hit the floor and the gas followed.. but hey, its still linked to the growl

Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NAPA always been good to me and they have quality parts in my 20 years dealing with them for all my auto needs. My Champio Iridium truck plugs came from NAPA.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

[HYDRA If I order plugs then I order 9 plugs because I could break one.]

I wish I had thought of that, but with Rock Auto they only sell packs of 4 so If I needed extra I would have to get 4, I guess I will just have to be careful, I will keep Napa in mind if one does break though. I know that #7 and #8 plugs are the most difficult ones, and #8 is the most difficult of all, at least in my experience. I will do that one last.

I am testing the quote editing instructions sent to me by Indy so if it works then give ME credit and if it fails..........BLAME HIM!!!!!!!! LOL

Steve

Last edited by MAGIC84; 05-12-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: QUOTES
Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

I will admit now, I am still having trouble with the quotes, even following Indys instructions. This is a simple one so I will just manually enter.

[HYDRA If I order plugs then I order 9 plugs because I could break one."/]

I thought of that, but ROCK AUTO only sends them in boxes of four so I would have four extra. I will keep NAPA in mind if I break one. I do know from previous experience that the #8 plug is the most difficult one so I will do that one last.

Steve

Quick Reply: Poor fuel mileage