1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Poor fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually the only advantage of running cooler plugs is if you are driving highway most of the time and/or if you have a forced induction motor. If you are driving cooler plugs around time and stop and go traffic, then the plugs will foul up faster than hotter plugs.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:31 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

Kensai,

Most performance sites as well as general Dodge sites have MANY people that run the Autolites one ranger cooler on the Magnum motors. This is the only place that is really an exception to to rule. Most all agree that the Platns are a bad idea however

From a photo from Dman on another forum, the truck plugs look like a good plug. The Autolights I am fond of are fairly simple plugs. If I can get something better in the Champion truck plugs at the same time as the cooler range I run, all would be great!

ANYONE RUN or TRY THE E3s?

IndyDurango

Old 05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

E3 plugs are crap for the 5.2L and 5.9L and for the 4.7L there is no support but I would go out on a limb and tell ya NO.....

You are running a plug that the motor wasn't built for and pouring crap into you motor to counteract the deficentcy....... Makes no sense.

Yes they make a step colder plug if you want to know but I am unsue of the part number. The fact of the matter is if you want to run different timing via the plug and there are other ways to deal with these issues.

Also you run Fully Synthetic lubricant which creates positive feed back and has nothing to do with the plugs. I would love to be there when you open that motor.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:35 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

My motor? When I open it, there will be plenty of photos. I'm good like that.

IndyD

Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Dman98
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Kensai,

Most performance sites as well as general Dodge sites have MANY people that run the Autolites one ranger cooler on the Magnum motors. This is the only place that is really an exception to to rule. Most all agree that the Platns are a bad idea however

From a photo from Dman on another forum, the truck plugs look like a good plug. The Autolights I am fond of are fairly simple plugs. If I can get something better in the Champion truck plugs at the same time as the cooler range I run, all would be great!

ANYONE RUN or TRY THE E3s?

IndyDurango
The champion truck plugs I have are 4436, which has a heat range of 12. The next step down is the 4434, which has a heat range of 9. I thought that was to cold for my mods, so I got the 4436.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4318 HEAT RANGE 12, I did not think about the cooler range, maybe next time.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

9 is too low!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
My motor? When I open it, there will be plenty of photos. I'm good like that.

IndyD
Hell if you do anything TAKE THOSE PIC's!..... Just make sure your not in it.....LOL

Quick Reply: Poor fuel mileage