1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

p0068 on 02 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:55 PM
jimbo74
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a spec to ohm out the oil pressure sensor itself?

she said that it dies after it passes the normal mark, and before the hot mark.... basically, if she babies it everywhere it is fine.... but if she jumps on the throttle, the needle moves past the last normal tick, and it will die

could it have anyhting to do with her switching to synthetic oil? she is running royal purple synthetic, and she told me this problem was never around before she switched... she has only had syn oil in it, this past oil change, and had always previously run dyno oil

Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If she put a thicker oil in it could over step the boundery and possibly shut it down like a limp mode. Fully Synthetic wont do it and niether will Royal Purple but then again I don't like RP lubricants.

I like Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic because of their process and not jumping the cheap train. Their the only ones I know that do it RIGHT!

Pull the oil and filter. Install a Mopar OEM filter with Mobil 1 Oil at 10W-30 according to the manual. You can get the filter and oil from Wal-mart for about $4 for the filter and $28 for a 5 qt. container.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

I just saw this in the Service Manual:

PCM SYSTEM GROUND
The PCM cannot determine a poor system ground.
However, one or more diagnostic trouble codes may
be generated as a result of this condition. The module
should be mounted to the body at all times, also
during diagnostic.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
jimbo74
Veteran

so that means the pcm isnt properly grounded? what should i do to try and remedy it? i know it is mounted to its bracket with metl screws.... or is the ground it refers to part of a harness system?

update shes had a p0440 for awhile now..... well it stalled yesterday, and did it 4 times today, now showing a p0441 ---- no p0068 though :dunno:

Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 PM
jimbo74
Veteran

any ideas? stalled on her again today... havent pulled todays code yet though

Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Make sure there is a ground wire thats good from the PCM to ground with nice clean connections.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
jimbo74
Veteran

as in a wire from a harness connection? or i should run an auxillary wire? if so, from where? just the bolts holding the computer down, or? i can find a ground to attach it to....

it's been stalling out on her more again lately.....

Old 06-28-2009, 12:59 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Drill into the holder and ground and maybe ground it to the intake manifold, try stainless screws or copper or make sure there is a saller 10 gauge wire ground coming off the battery terminal and is going to ground on the fender well/fire wall. It should be by the battery/head light assembaly. Make sure if it's there that a great connection is there.

Might want to try both?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:53 AM
jimbo74
Veteran

drill into the holder, i assume that is the pcm bracket, and ground that to the fenderwell, also i want to then ground the battery to the fenderwell right on top of that wire, also then grounding it to the intake manifold, it is plastic, maybe the block itself from that point, using like 10 gauge wire i guess....

now it is stalling on her all the time.... and several of her family and friends that are of the older generation say they had that problem and it was fuel pump, i have not yet tested the pressure, but i think i am going to drop the tank and just replace it, at least it iwll have a new one, and we can rule that puppy out... she is prepared to do it, this friday

Old 06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by jimbo74
drill into the holder, i assume that is the pcm bracket, and ground that to the fenderwell, also i want to then ground the battery to the fenderwell right on top of that wire, also then grounding it to the intake manifold, it is plastic, maybe the block itself from that point, using like 10 gauge wire i guess....

now it is stalling on her all the time.... and several of her family and friends that are of the older generation say they had that problem and it was fuel pump, i have not yet tested the pressure, but i think i am going to drop the tank and just replace it, at least it iwll have a new one, and we can rule that puppy out... she is prepared to do it, this friday
Drill into the holder/bracket and into the fender. Then run a wire between these points. Should only be like 6 inchs.

also i want to then ground the battery to the fenderwell right on top of that wire
I never said that. First off, the PCM is located on the passenger side not the drivers side where the battery is located. By grounding the PCM bracket somewhere of your choise (thinkin maybe the fender or braket isn't grounding right) and that dosen't mean to the plastic manifold if equiped, it means making sure you have a good connection to ground.

Now a 10 guage wire from the battery terminal (negative) to the fender well right next to the battery (again on the drivers side now) and this should only be like 2 foot of cable.

Now this is just a suggestion. You still need to have fuel pressure test done and if your having more problems then maybe we have something here but you hooked it up wrong.

If you can't fix this thing go trade it in.

Quick Reply: p0068 on 02 Durango