1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango Lights Flash when unlocked and locked with Key FOB??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:56 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The headlights will. If you had the Mopar EVS alarm installed (dealer option) it will flash the parking lights twice when you lock and once when you unlock. I like the system because it works with the normal key fob and it adds shock sensing.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:30 PM
gvsu4msu
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
ok here it is, since i dont have a scanner i have to type it out for ya, you owe me for this BTW!!!!!!

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors
2. Fasten your seatbelt (this turns off any possibly confusing chimes during the procedure)
3. Place the key in the ignition
4. Turn the ifnition to the ON position (do not start the truck)
5. Press and Hold the LOCK button on the key fob
6. After holding the LOCK button for four seconds also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds
7. When a single chim is heard, release both buttons.
8. Turn the ignition OFF to test the horn chirp feature
9. To reactivate this feature repeat the above steps.
10. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the above procedure

direct from the 02 owners manual
Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Read this entire thread because instructions are in here. Look at the post number in the upper right, you have to go back a page or change your settings to display more posts per page. I think Sharps has it on #15.
Gave this a try today, and I got it to work on the second attempt. Glad to have the "horn honk" gone when I lock the doors.

Thanks for the help you provide here.

I also disabled the "lock all doors when above 15mph" feature as well. This now allows all doors to be unlocked when I turn the vehicle off, not just the driver's door. Adds to the ease of passengers getting out, and also having the liftgate unlocked so I can get out whatever is in there without having to push the unlock button (again).

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango Lights Flash when unlocked and locked with Key FOB??