Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep us posted.

IndyD

Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Write-up! Write-up! Write-up! With pics!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM
stupid_productions
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a couple thoughts as I've noticed you found the parts you need but...

1) Wouldn't an electrically controlled valve worked better to this purpose? Save the hassle of finding electric controlled/vacuum operated solenoids and valves and the hook up.

2) I get that removing the hoses and bypassing all the time is a pain, and I get the point for In-Cab control. But here's another idea for people that want a quick and easy method of this:
Put a brass ball-valve on both hoses, even make a 1/2" bypass system so the flow still goes from engine->waterpump without touching the core at all. As the return line to the pump will still push a little bit of coolant to the core. Just have a way to support the added weight of the valves (not much, but some wire to a bracket or something would be good).

Old 02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_productions
Just a couple thoughts as I've noticed you found the parts you need but...

1) Wouldn't an electrically controlled valve worked better to this purpose? Save the hassle of finding electric controlled/vacuum operated solenoids and valves and the hook up.

2) I get that removing the hoses and bypassing all the time is a pain, and I get the point for In-Cab control. But here's another idea for people that want a quick and easy method of this:
Put a brass ball-valve on both hoses, even make a 1/2" bypass system so the flow still goes from engine->waterpump without touching the core at all. As the return line to the pump will still push a little bit of coolant to the core. Just have a way to support the added weight of the valves (not much, but some wire to a bracket or something would be good).
1. Correct, I would prefer a electronically controlled valve. But cannot find one on the net. I finally found one, but it is over $100 bucks. I am looking for low budget and try to keep a oem looking mod.

So far, the vacuum valve ran me around $28. I returned the ford egr valve as napa did not have a wiring harness for it. I will just have to go the dealer itself to either get a egr valve with wiring or see if they have a vacuum control solenoid for A/C systems that usually older style imports use to raise rpm when the compressor kicks in.

Quick Reply: Heatercore Bypass Project