1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

still not sure

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
nymellie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? about codes for 98 durango

I have a 98 dodge durango and i just started having issues with it. i checked for codes and i was told to change the oxygen sensor and the plugs and wires. i did this however i am still having the same issues. when i start the truck it just turns off. so i took it back and they told me it was the same sensor, the guy erased the code however it began to happen again. so when i took it back this time i got 3 codes= P0300, P0740, P0783. i have searched online and i see that the p0300 could be the dist cap and the p0740 is the solenoid. not sure on the 3rd. should i take it to a mechanic or take this job on myself and if so how hard will it be for me? really not sure what to do at this point.

Last edited by nymellie; 02-10-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0740 Torque Conv Clutch, No RPM Drop at Locku
P0783 3-4 Shift Sol, No RPM Drop at Lockup

Replace the Spark Plugs whith Champion Coppers (OEM) and OEM Mopar plug wires. Replace the cap and rotor if needed.

As for the trans codes, it appears like the torque converter isn't locking up? Contact master tech

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ine-light.html

Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
nymellie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so i have been searching this forum and saw pics on how to replace the solenoids. i just want to make sure that once i do this that it should be ok. the truck runs good however aside from the hard starting the only other issue it has is it sticks in gears. on take off it takes awhile too kick in to gear. once i am driving i can accelerate with ease. since im alone without major car repair funds i am trying to fix this on my own. im not very car savvy however i can do more than put gas in the tank. LOL i really appreciate your feedback. thanks for helping a poor mom

Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally, I would check the harness to transmission for corrosion then shoot to the solenoid pack, adjust the bands and replace the trany fluid.

Welcome to the forum and have a great time here.