1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need some advice on things

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:26 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Lowers are a PITA to do. Fix the issues and keep us up to date.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Livingit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well....I dont have the tools or the knowledge to really do myself. I would like too. My main thing is I dont want to screw it up and I dont have a secondary vehicle if I do. I got it priced by a mechanic. Best so far is 550 for both bottom ball joints, torsion bar adjustement( we will see if thats what is causing the sag on the driver side), and also a new alignment when done. Seems steep but I have to have it done especially if I want it to last me another 100k ya know. At some point I am going to need shocks as well down the road. UGH!!! Still cheeper than buying a whole new rig I suppose. After an extra 2k in keeping it going that long. Man...I learned my lesson on buying a used rig this round. BUT...I do love the SUV. Eventually I will have to track down the oil leak offically. Some guy at Oil Can Henry's said it was the pan gasket. Is that an easy fix on these or am I going to have to jack up the engine?

Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
45AutoPete
Veteran

Now that is one heck of a name for a garage. Oil Can Henry, I can just picture a guy walking around with a oil can in his hand.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not bad for the entire thing I think. Besides, maintenance is normal on any vehicle.

Not sure on the 4.7L's if you have to lift the motor or not to get the pan off?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Livingit

Got the ball joints done and now outer tie rod. Started getting a little sluggish once in a blue moon on acceleration. Like its hesitant to move forward then picks up and moves like normal. I know I want to replace the fuel filter soon. Is this a sign of that? Or possibly the PC valve?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

you dont want to replace the fuel filter, i promise (its INSIDE the tank on the pump so you have to change the whole pump unit out)

but check fuel pressure when it gets sluggish, and the tps (it tells the computer how far open the throttle is which affects the injector pulse)

Quick Reply: Need some advice on things