1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Electric Fan Shroud

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
vox87
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, went down to Lowe's and picked up a small vise C-clamp the heads were small enough to get up in there and prevent the clip from turning. Had to do the same on the re-install since I couldn't get the clip out.

Well after all that...my air is still blowing lukewarm. It is hot outside, but I let it idle for about 15 mins now and it's no where near cooling the cabin off.

Fan is running great, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Compressor?

Again, it blows cold going down the road and everything is great. But, stop at red light or a drive-thru and it stops blowing cool.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Could be a little low on freon?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
vox87
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freon was the first thing I checked. Even swapped the A/C relay with another relay in the PDC.

Saw mention of checking the "A/C Compressor Clutch Relay" in the service manual, but I'm assuming that's the same relay I swapped around.

I don't see any other relays referring to "clutch" or "A/C" in the lid reference. Except for the 40 amp HEVAC FAN fuse and the 10 amp A/C fuse, which are both good.

I'm starting to wonder, if my clutch and/or compressor is bad. I noticed after I turned off the engine, I hear a high pitch sound coming from the compressor and the pulley for the clutch moves a little bit.

Last edited by vox87; 06-24-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Electric Fan Shroud