1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Friday the 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Friday the 13th

So what has happened to you in recent Friday the 13th(s)? I got into two accidents within two hours this morning.
First accident 0650: I was making a left turn off a major ave to pick up my boss. A moving truck decides to leave from the curb at the same time. I got sideswiped, my rear left door and quarterpanel got dented and my rear bumper nearly got ripped off! Police come, they do a report, fast forward.
Second accident 0830: I'm trying to go back to the company garage to get the Prius looked at, you guys thought it was the D, right? If it was I'd be hysterical now! Anyway, midspan, this lady decided to stop short and I bump her from behind. Just like a parking bump. She coppped an attitude, we move off the bridge. I wanted to exchange info but she didn't have any. No license, proof of insurance or reistration. Mind you, there was absolutely no damage, not even a stratch or dent. But she persues the situation. I call it in and she gets to leave with 3 or 4 citations for no paperwork and everything.
You know what? I'm gonna seriously think about going home and hiding under the bed!
So how has your day been?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
duramgo03
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far so good. But then again it is only 12:30.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

my day was fine until about 12:30 when i got a phone call at work from my sister 'my car wont start' so here i am 20 miles away from the car, hoping to whatever the hell i could that was just the battery gone dead. and of course she cant tell me jack **** about what happened.

anyway long story short, she had to find someone to take her to work, and we had to buy a new battery for her car (i dont ever want to work on her car again, damn bugs)

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
02 Durango_R/T
Professional

Naw ... my bad luck day is Halloween - y'know - the day the Jeep rolled backwards down the driveway, busted the gate open, which almost ripped the driver door off, the dog (Husky) took off thru the open gate, got hit by a car on the corner, and there I was with the house wide open, garage open, dog gone, and a Jeep I can't even lock up, set squarely across the road with no oil in the engine (I was changing the oil). Did I mention I'm a skinny girl with no way of getting that 4800 pound Jeep out of the road and UP the driveway? Neighbors were all at work. Yeah ... I'll take Friday the 13th any time thank you very much.

You just can't make this stuff up.
The good news was that the dog trotted back home about half hour later - he wasn't badly hurt - looked at me as if to say: girl, it just ain't safe out there. I'll never do that again! And he never did!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:15 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

Originally Posted by 02 Durango_R/T
Naw ... my bad luck day is Halloween - y'know - the day the Jeep rolled backwards down the driveway, busted the gate open, which almost ripped the driver door off, the dog (Husky) took off thru the open gate, got hit by a car on the corner, and there I was with the house wide open, garage open, dog gone, and a Jeep I can't even lock up, set squarely across the road with no oil in the engine (I was changing the oil). Did I mention I'm a skinny girl with no way of getting that 4800 pound Jeep out of the road and UP the driveway? Neighbors were all at work. Yeah ... I'll take Friday the 13th any time thank you very much.

You just can't make this stuff up.
The good news was that the dog trotted back home about half hour later - he wasn't badly hurt - looked at me as if to say: girl, it just ain't safe out there. I'll never do that again! And he never did!

lol that sounds like a fun story, but what jeep do have? i didnt think the wranglers were that heavy?

Old 08-14-2010, 04:57 PM
02 Durango_R/T
Professional

I dunno about Wranglers since they have a frame, but I have an XJ Cherokee, 5", 33 TSLs with full underbody skids, front/rear trailer hitches, steel body armor, aftermarket bumper/tire carrier, roof rack, rock rails, lights, steering, geared, blah, blah ... it all adds weight. From stock around 3500# to a verified 4800+ pounds with my 145 behind the wheel. Now that I think about it, it might be lighter now since I recently switched from steel to aluminum wheels.

It ain't your mama's station wagon!

As for the "fun" story, basically it was an oil change gone bad. 1 stupid mistake after another. I dunno how I get myself into these situations ...

Last edited by 02 Durango_R/T; 08-14-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a tranny rebuild at work. A shift fork broke and the whole thing has to come apart to replace it. :P

Old 08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

lol that would explain it (i assumed wrangler, my bad )

unfortunately i dont have the money for a toy like that, so my off-road toy only has two wheels, and no motor

Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friday 13 was okay, but not for my bike buddy. He almost got ran overed by a irate DFW driver on the way out to lunch, and then again with anither irate DFW driver on the way back to work from lunch!

My water line for the sprinklers watered my backyard lawn like there is no tommorrow! Gonna get a hefty water bill this month. ran for hours and hours because of a stuck solenoid valve. Luckily I have a separate water line so I am able to temporary shut it off.

Last edited by Kensai; 08-15-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine was great as we towed my RV trailer out of Klamath, CA while we were vacationing the Redwoods and fishing for King Salmon. We departed on the 13th with no issues!

Quick Reply: Friday the 13th