1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Passenger side floor flooding

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Great advise guys.

I like the compressed air approach as well as the 90.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
MRawwr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing that now is clear: The quantity of water that pooled under the carpet on the passenger side was enough to replenish the wet spot on the carpet itself forever... it had nowhere to evaporate and nowhere to go.

Explains why it would also be wet while the A/C was shut down... that puzzle is solved.

Now amazing that 2 mechanics from supposed reputable shops failed to see that... I had to force the rug out myself and look.

I guess I saved $800 worth of useless repairs. The A/C unit works ok except for not draining which will now be addressed (gotta fine plastic tie downs ) and I gain some more insight here on my lovely truck that served me well for 160k now.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
MRawwr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
I wouldn't recommend using anything metal to unclogged the drain tube because you run the rick of damaging the evaporater core. Use a piece of rubber hose small enough to fit inside the drain tube and then use compressed air to blow away the clog.
I think those compressed cans of dust blowers for computer equipment might come in handy... if I can find one with a tube long and flexible enough.

I always use those to blow away the dirt around spark plugs when I change those and before I remove them.

Quick Reply: Passenger side floor flooding