1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

tru lok lsd clutch pak rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 PM
tunr4life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tru lok lsd clutch pak rebuild

hey fellas im new to the site and was wondering if anyone can help me i just bought a 00' durango with a 9.25 rear i opened it up to do a fluid change and i found ppieces of the lsd clutches at the bottom of the case im replacing the clutch paks and i need to know if the smooth ring goes againist the side gear or the carrier thanxs for the help in advance

Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tunr4life
hey fellas im new to the site and was wondering if anyone can help me i just bought a 00' durango with a 9.25 rear i opened it up to do a fluid change and i found ppieces of the lsd clutches at the bottom of the case im replacing the clutch paks and i need to know if the smooth ring goes againist the side gear or the carrier thanxs for the help in advance
The smooth clutch is a bevel spring and looks like this " ( " as it is not flat. The inner goes toward the gear and the outer bevel goes to the clutch packs. This way the spring pushes toward the center of the gear and the outer surfaces of the clutch are pressed. It should look like this:

o(llll

The O is the gear, and the outer edge ( goes against the clutch packs llll.

Also it is called a Trac-Lok......

Name:  100_3489.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  73.8 KB

Last edited by hydrashocker; 10-04-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM
tunr4life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i figured i wasnt calling it what its called but i have one more stupid question once everything is put together are the spider gears supposed to rotate when i spin the axles or are they supposed to be stationary thanks for bearing with me its my first attempt at doing this and its driving me nuts lol

Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you spin one side and if you can hold the other side from spinning then then the spiders will spin. Thing is this is going to be VERY hard to do with brand new clutch packs. Most likely both wheels will spin together the same direction. But if you try hard you can get one to spin and the other to stay put and you will see the spiders (side gears) turn opposite.

Quick Reply: tru lok lsd clutch pak rebuild