1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

shes dying

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy shes dying

well, first off im leaking oil, my oil pressure goes under the 40 mark and when i take off it shoots up to 95-100, the gears are slipping, my breaks are all messed up and lock up on me, i have 150k and its in need of a new timing chain. *sigh* what should i do, i cant afford the repairs being im in school and most likely the repairs would cost as much as getting another smaller car.... which would suck.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

man, thats rough, are you sure you have enough tranny fluid in there? that can cause weird gear feeling, the timing chain is a bitch, and how did you mes up your brakes, whats happening with them? could be something simple also where in NY are you? im in hoboken atm if you need anything send me a pm and ill see what i can pull off

Old 10-07-2010, 07:39 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn

It might be time to put her down sorry to say.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 PM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
man, thats rough, are you sure you have enough tranny fluid in there? that can cause weird gear feeling, the timing chain is a bitch, and how did you mes up your brakes, whats happening with them? could be something simple also where in NY are you? im in hoboken atm if you need anything send me a pm and ill see what i can pull off
im not in ny anymore dude, im down in nc atm for school. but yeah every time im on like a slight hill going down i slightly tap the breaks and they lock right up. my parents were like oh take it to a shop and see how much it would be to fix everything, so between transmission, oil leak and oil pressure being down so low, breaks and power steering im looking at a heafty bill, i might as well boar stroke and cam the ****er while im at it XP atm im looking at del slows

Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
BlackedOutSLT
Rookie

and the timing chain....

Old 10-08-2010, 07:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Looks like you might have met the maker on this one. To me it just depends on how much and how much. You have to make a decision.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

honestly if it were me, the only things i wouldnt be able to do myself would be the timing chain (iv never done one, and on a DD is NOT the place to learn IMO, however, if down time isnt an issue i would attempt it) and the transmission,

the brakes i would have to see myself what they are doing i think to try and diagnose it, are the locking up WHENEVER you hit the brakes, or only when you really stomp on them?, if the latter id lean towards collapsing rubber brake lines, my abs seems to be alot more sensative since we changed those.

the oil pressure being low could be as simple as a clogged filter, or a clogged pick up screen on the oil pump, or as bad as the oil pump going out, try some seafoam in the oil for a few miles of driving (take it to town and back) then change the oil, see if that helps any.

if you have aim add me, my aim sn is the same as on here and you can bounce ideas off me

Old 10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
rebelboy
Veteran
Wink

look for anew d i see them for less then 2 grand

Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by rebelboy
look for anew d i see them for less then 2 grand
That's an idea!

However I'm know you got LOT's of broken spare parts.....LMAO!

Quick Reply: shes dying