Durangovaldeez
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics, Spectacular D!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

i wondered about roughing them up a little w/sandpaper to make sure the paint sticks good. i just dont want it blowing off the third or fourth time at the car wash. how does that 10 series sound? mines a 40 series and it has a deep low rumble. a friend of mine said he could here it coming from 4 blocks away.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

Yeah clean them wheels super nice than sand them with 320-400 grit sand paper. then clean the sanding residue off them nicely and then spray nice LIGHT even coats every 8-10 mins or so 2-3 light coats should be plenty and I've gone through the car wash plenty of times after painting them. the only thing that will chip the paint is if you hit it with something hard or when you get your tires changed and they take the wheel weights off. other than that it holds up just fine.

the super 10 sounds really mean. especially with that high flow cat. this guy at work who is a Chevy guy. he had a lifted true dual 5.3l silverado. he thought my exhaust was duals as well. and its single not even y piped after the muffler. one pipe with a muffler and cat.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

Thanks for the tips, as soon as its warm here i will try it.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

Yeah, and if you like them just buy some cragar soft 8's. the black ones they make are really nice IMO. i wanna get some as soon as i can find the extra 275-300 bucks haha!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:54 AM
SadikOne1
Rookie

Looking at everyone's rides makes me miss my durango.

a lot!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
swiss
Amateur

Oh wow.

Pep Boys much ?

Ikid Ikid. Props if you did the FG work and built your sub enclosure.

Pimp card return requested if not.....

Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 AM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Pep Boys? Better step it up a few levels pal. Gotta love the hater-newbie-assclowns.

Gee, I dunno... maybe the sub enclosure is custom built to specifically fit the rear area behind the third row seat of the Gen1 Durango.

Where are your photos?

IndyD
Oh snap had no idea this board was so friendly to personal attacks.

I have 9 posts and you expect me to have a full spread of my 2 dodge trucks? I am truly sorry but I just don't love Durango's as much. For clarity there is no hate whatsoever, I just don't think it is tasteful that's all. I would hope the senior members here would appreciate the "to each there own approach".
The only pic I have with my beater Durango for your pleasure....

Name:  picswredbmw016.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  197.0 KB

Last edited by shrpshtr325; 01-05-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
logikfive
Professional

Originally Posted by swiss
Oh snap had no idea this board was so friendly to personal attacks.

I have 9 posts and you expect me to have a full spread of my 2 dodge trucks? I am truly sorry but I just don't love Durango's as much to bling them out like a Mexican. For clarity there is no hate whatsoever, I just don't think it is tasteful that's all. I would hope the senior members here would appreciate the "to each there own approach".
The only pic I have with my beater Durango for your pleasure....
I wasn't aware 1990's 3-series BMW's weren't considered beaters (obviously excluding the M3's)... Yours looks like it's about beater status with a missing fog light, dented rear door, dented hood, fogged headlight. I'm sure there is more.

Last edited by logikfive; 01-05-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Swiss,

We are not about personal attacks but as with most people we do not back down. You seem kind of new around here so I will give you some friendly advice and you can take it as you see fit.

1. I would strongly....make that VERY strongly recommend you quit while your behind with taking things personally especially when it comes to Indy. I know Indy D on both D-D forum, D.O.C. and personal level and stood side by side with him at Carlisle 2009, 2010 and soon to be 2011. a few things I can speak for about rob 1. his honesty 2. Integrity 3 and probably should be #1 his love of the Durango, and TOTAL dedication to the D.O.C and helping fellow members out with probems. Rob had had his D a long time and although I am sure had many opportunites to trade during the fuel crisies he kept it...He does a lot of personal modifications that are functional as well as decorative. He DOES NOT as you like to say "Bling it out like a mexican" I am surprised that type of comment got through the moderators but thats another story. Rob's character, integrity and dedication to the D community as well as his own community has never and should never be called into question. Indy has well over 200K miles and is still a daily driver which means he drives 600 miles EVERY year to Carlisle (ONE WAY...BTW) cleans on the fly and wins awards which he is most deserving of.

2. Before you take things personally remember this is a DURANGO forum and we all are pretty proud of them yes some more than others but that is what makes them ours. THis is not a BMW forum and FYI I did notice the bad foglight, yellowed headlight and expired registration.

3. I would recommend you change the tune and remember your peers. DURANGO owners and with your apparnet exception a bunch of VERY PROUD ONES.

Quick Reply: 1st generation offtopic thread