1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st generation offtopic thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sounds like a good idea to me, i was toying with it a couple posts back, but didnt want people to loose anything, turns out it wont matter anyway

Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dang, i was wondering the the heck happened i knew i didn't post in the off topic thread...lol

Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another one NOT to mess with on this site..is HYDRA. He may be RAM Pickup now but I believe he was one of the original members on this site, and probably has forgotten more about the D then a lot of us will ever know.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 AM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by MAGIC84
Another one NOT to mess with on this site..is HYDRA. He may be RAM Pickup now but I believe he was one of the original members on this site, and probably has forgotten more about the D then a lot of us will ever know.
First of all I am not trying to "mess" with anyone. I told the guy MY opinion is the truck looks blinged out, not MY style obviously it's his. That's cool and all and ironic because in the BMW world I usually get those same types of remarks about my old E30. I will go on record saying Thank You Indy for shedding insight on my new member thread in regards to my driver side seat heater, I'm sorry if I pissed you off, but i think your truck is ugly. But if YOU like then F everyone else including me.

I will giver props when props are deserved. Props on the A/V work, it looks like a good amount of time and cold hard cash went into it. Glad to not see a Jenson fold out and an Emerson or Audiovox flip down.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 AM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

Well it was a great night, i hit a pothole and sheared the passenger side lower shock mount bolt off flush with the lower control arm....great!! Crappy thing is, i just had that same bolt drilled out 6 months ago cause it broke while offroading.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

BOW: OUCH!!!!!!! I dont have a lot of room to speak though...I found out yesterday that three out of four ball joints are shot. Yes I am r/r all four. I got 133K out of factory ones so I guess I can't complain.

Swiss: Indy does know his stuff..... He does have flip out and for that matter so so I. For GEN 1 Durango's that is about the only option. They did not have "DOUBLE DIN" so if you want any sort of decent quality aftermarket stereo that is the only way to go. I have a Kenwood with XM radio, GPS, B/U camera, DVD and IPOD/USB attachment.

I do believe in the "to each their own" but to a certain point. If a modification involves safety or potential impact with other vehicles than I willl say something. I have gone on record in this forum and the D.O.C. forum speaking out against safety related modifications and probably ruffled more than a few feathers but thats what we are about and freedom of speech.

You have a good D, take care of it and it should take care of you. That concept goes with just about any vehicle.....YUGO maybe the exception.

For the record I agree with you on the 4.7 I would prefer the 5.2 but I wasn't at the engine development team meeting.

Looking at your photos of all the BMW's you should take the best body of them all and franken-BMW the engine and drivetrain into that. I personally like the dark blue one.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 AM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

I replaced the ball joints 30k ago with MOOG ones, atleast they have greasezerts in them. OEM ones are sealed and seem to fail alot.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
ajoshi91
Captain

hey Sadikone, what happened to your durango?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGIC84
Well,

I am a Ram owner now, but I still love the Durango. Ya, I've gone through a lot of BS in building trucks the old school way. I was taught by an old GREAT mechanic in his 60's when I was a kid and worked with him for a few years. He was the type of guy your truck could be running like crap, pull it up to the garage door and open the hood. He would literally reach in with one hand and have it purring like a freakin kitten in less time then you could get out of the truck and see what he did. The man was a flat out genius! Now I'm not saying I'm good or anything because I try to learn something new everyday as a goal, but I get by.

Back when I (and Kensai) got this section going this section was a waste land! Sense then we have built this section with the help of members world wide and I appreciate all their hard work and ideas into a section that blings with life on a Google search. We have saved thousands of members thousands of dollars and we enjoy it (accept a few people that think they are hot **** lately).

So yes, I am one of the old men around these parts, but I can still kick a little *** if needed......LOL!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
ajoshi91
Captain

Hydra is the ol' "tough love" guy. he helps ya but he'll call you a moron if needed haha!

Quick Reply: 1st generation offtopic thread