1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

performace mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 PM
midnightdurango
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

behave guys no fighting here now i now know these mods are useless with out a stroker motor i forgot to mention i was a honda guy before this so these mods ment a lot with the 4cyl hahah now i dont want to race but i was hoping to tune this truck cause the gas miliage on this thing is sitting between 10.5 11.3 both city n high way i did change the sparks and still no noticable resault now im going to try the other things but do remember its like 20 her in nj now haha so its cold to be trying **** now another thing can't you just get the intake mani ported also?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yes you can get the intake port/polished it will smooth out the flow, might open it up a little bit, i wont expect much of a gain from it in the mpg department, your best bet for mpgs is to drive it like a granny (lol, yea right, like thats possible in jersey) if you ever NEED an extra set of eyes and can drive up to north jersey and meet i dont mind putting eyes on the truck for ya. another thing is check your vacume lines, vac leaks can wreak absolute havoc on the truck with running rough and bad mpgs and all sorts of weird stuff

Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Biff85ta
Professional

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
Yeah, according to my window sticker from when I bought it back in 99, the best you will get is 15 on highway so are you doing 100% highway driving when you get that gas mileage?
Yeah for the most part I have a 30 mile drive each way to work and it is almost all interstate.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff85ta
If you need info on a dyno near you I can get that for you.
Are ya gunna pay for it too?

Dude seriously, my old Durango would knock out your teeth!

Bring that lil POS rice burner, I've toasted more of those than moths tryin to make it to the sun. Here's one for ya! Honda Vs Durango! TOO FUNNY!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

LMAO, hydra that story is priceless. And I've seen plenty of Durangos at the track. It's not the most outrageous thing to go all out under the hood with a heavier vehicle.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
midnightdurango
Amateur

lol u guys gotta stop!!! trust me my turbo crx with 500whp would eat u up =p 10.3 constaly but getting pull over every other day wasnt worth plus it got broken iin like 10 times for my race car imma get a 06 evo the best year i just a **SAW** evo yesterday in almost 2 feet of snow plowing threw it like nothing!

Last edited by midnightdurango; 12-27-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Hmm I would like to drive my D or Ram thru almost 2 feet of snow, not a little tuner. And, I can't imagine you drove thru 2 feet of snow like it was nothing in a Mitsubishi Evo like it was nothing. Unless you have some all terrain tires (not likely) and a lot of weigh to give it traction (Only about 3,000 lb).

I'm sure you drove through it nice with the AWD but I doubt like it was nothing. 2 feet of snow is 2 feet of snow no matter what your driving. Especially when the car only sits 6 inches off the ground.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
midnightdurango
Amateur

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
Hmm I would like to drive my D or Ram thru almost 2 feet of snow, not a little tuner. And, I can't imagine you drove thru 2 feet of snow like it was nothing in a Mitsubishi Evo like it was nothing. Unless you have some all terrain tires (not likely) and a lot of weigh to give it traction (Only about 3,000 lb).

I'm sure you drove through it nice with the AWD but I doubt like it was nothing. 2 feet of snow is 2 feet of snow no matter what your driving. Especially when the car only sits 6 inches off the ground.

i Already edited i ment to say i saw an evo i wish i own one but ya it was all rally out big fogs in the front it was about 18 snow and like 7 on the road if not more lol but i thought it would get stuck in a parking lot that i was turning in with him but no lol he made it threw nicely not nothing but a lot better then i thought it would!

Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Biff85ta
Professional

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Are ya gunna pay for it too?

Dude seriously, my old Durango would knock out your teeth!

Bring that lil POS rice burner, I've toasted more of those than moths tryin to make it to the sun. Here's one for ya! Honda Vs Durango! TOO FUNNY!
Got anything real to post like times or horsepower numbers? Dude you guys really shouldn't be posting this or that works without facts that prove this works. I have nothing fast at the moment I am still gathering parts for my LS swap in my 87 monte but I seriously doubt your D could have touched my bolt on TPI 305 TA and buy performance car standards it was slow.

P.S. Street racing is stupid.

Last edited by Biff85ta; 12-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Biff, you only have 40 posts so I'm assuming you're rather new here. Let me give you some advice, your picking a fight with the wrong person. You're apparently working your way to getting no tips or advice in any topic you post by them. Sometimes its just better to shut up rather than pick a fight and disagree with everyone.

Quick Reply: performace mods!!