1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

4.7 to 5.7 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yea my dad has the mentality of buying whatever is onsale when he comes due for a change, i make sure to buy the shell by the case for mine, get it at bjs for like $23 or 28 a case, and i get 2.5 changes out of a case iirc and tell him that is what he is using in mine, i feel that it doesnt much matter what oil you use as long as you stick with a consistent brand, and keep up with the change schedule, i have been happy w/ the shell so im sticking with it

Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm Back PC Crashed..Anyone who is confused about the Harley thing- I'll clear it up for you, Just because a motor "Comes with a certian PLUG" Harley,Dodge, Ford or Chevy- DON'T mean that motor runs best on "THAT" plug.Chevy 350s and SB 400s Run Best on Autolite- But Don't come with them. I don't know about Fords because Like Quaker State Oils- They SUCK..I put Autolite Platnums in my Dakota Hemi, Because every "ALUMINUM HEAD" Motor Iv'e ever ran Champions in ended up with a failed plug, Eventually..
Maybe Champion Got there **** together- But running them in Harleys made me not like them because of all the times I ended up on the side of the road waiting on someone to run and get me a new set of plugs..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0YWvZqIrEo

Old 02-26-2011, 01:32 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Again, we are talking about Mopar and not Harleys.

Glad to see that your HEMI is working out with them, but the rest of us aren't (because we don't have HEMI's). Also, I have NEVER seen a fouled plug leave a truck on the side of the road. If you foul a plug you still have 7 more to fire on with a V8. Now if you are talkin a 2 stroke motor, then ya, your dead in the water and ya better hope you have a replacement, but oh ya, we again are not talking about a bike.

Sorry, but they are 2 different things and comparing the 2 are like talkin apples and oranges.

Also, the 4.7L motors (which are the only built motors with a aluminum head in these trucks) where built to run Copper electrode plugs.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

we were talking about Spark plugs and Oil..My point is Quaker State Sux- And so do Champion plugs...Is that clear enough I was explaining why I think so..I don't know how to write the Harley "Ford" Chevy"-thing was an example and make you understand, but Fork it run what you want..It sounds to me like you know too much to learn anything anyway.. I don't have time for stupidity and explaining why..

Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by HemiDak-Quad
we were talking about Spark plugs and Oil..My point is Quaker State Sux- And so do Champion plugs...Is that clear enough I was explaining why I think so..I don't know how to write the Harley "Ford" Chevy"-thing was an example and make you understand, but Fork it run what you want..It sounds to me like you know too much to learn anything anyway.. I don't have time for stupidity and explaining why..
No your talkin about oil and spark plugs and tryin to find a equalization between them. Quaker State is not my favorite I agree....LOL

We can talk about oil all ya want but the matter of fact is a hydro-crack is different than a poly, just like a motor built to run a SPECIFIC plug is different then a person saying this or that will work better than what millions of dollars invested on building it.

Again, I'm not dissin ya, I'm just sayin that you need to back up your thoughts not just spill em.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 AM
coreybv
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
I'm just sayin that you need to back up your thoughts not just spill em.
Hmm... Last time someone told me that I think I ended up spending the night in jail... LOL...

(Then again, I was drinking a lot back then, even according to my own rather relaxed standards on that, so I may have misunderstood what he meant by "back that up"... )

Last edited by coreybv; 02-28-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

LMAO

Ya, been there and done that, however never stayed the night in the slammer, but I should have............Now a days, it's just not worth it ya know, but it sure feels good to hit someone that deserves it.......LOL

Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiDak-Quad
idk about other engines, but the engines that came in THESE TRUCKS, the DODGE 5.2, 5.9 and 4.7 engines run BEST with champion plugs, does not sound to me like champion plugs suck, maybe they dont work in harleys, but then we are not talking about harleys here, idk what you are trying to say by that, but with all the users on here reporting that their trucks run best with champion plugs must mean something(and ill give you a hint, its got nothing bad to say about champion plugs)

Quick Reply: 4.7 to 5.7 swap