1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Tire size question... ugh

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Bobman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Durango03
I Bought some Firestone Destination A/T tires. Mine are 245/70/16, but Im sure they would make them in your size. I like them alot and are a very attractive tire on my D.
Keep a close eye on the Firestones. I had them on mine and found that they wore EXTREMELY fast, like 26k and they were shot. I did normal rotations, pressure at 36 lbs, good alignment. While they looked good and handled well in all weather, they wore a bit quick for my liking.

That being said, my D has always been tough on tires for some reason. Maybe the person behind the wheel has something to do with it?

Bob

Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine was the same way. To get 40k out of a set of A/T tires was impossible and mine wasn't an AWD. Then again I think the tight turning and my heavy right foot had something to do with it. But still, I would have thought they would last longer.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got mine.
BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour P275/60R17 110T ORWL 60,000 mile warranty

I could already tell that it rides different than when it had the All Terrain tires on it.
I hope to get better mileage with these. It's smoother, not as rough a ride. Although I like the rough ride better...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i hope like hell you live in an area that does not get snow, bc those tires are the same ones i had on my old dak and i had trouble keeping the rear hooked up in the rain (that truck was 2wd, you will prob be ok in the rain w/ the awd in the R/T)

o and having done some research a while back, those are one of the lowest rolling resistance tires on the market for light trucks/suvs, that helps alot w/ the mpgs, i was pulling almost 25 on the highway out of my old dakota w/ those tires on it (granted, 2wd and the v6 helped some too im sure)

Old 03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For all of you out there with the regular 15 inch rims like me, I'm running on Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S 31.5x10x15. Overall I'm pretty impressed with these, when I needed new ones I went to Conrads and they pushed me to get them so I said alright, about $610 all said and done. They are hard tires so your ride won't be as smooth but they will last a very long time if you take care of them.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DurangoRT/RN
I hope to get better mileage with these. It's smoother, not as rough a ride. Although I like the rough ride better...
They should have good mileage on them and good enough tread on them as long as your not looking for an All Terrain tire.

However I got to put my opinion in here; A good hard ride is way better then a sly soft fix.......LMAO!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
They should have good mileage on them and good enough tread on them as long as your not looking for an All Terrain tire.

However I got to put my opinion in here; A good hard ride is way better then a sly soft fix.......LMAO!
I'm not familiar with a "sly soft fix" but I bet I agree with you.

No snow here. Well we had it for a day... But it's NOTHING and will be fine with the 4wd.

Thanks ya'll!!

Quick Reply: Tire size question... ugh