Magnum 360 Cam Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Sooper
I like it. I assume it will work with stock valve train? I will of course buy new springs to match the cam, and rebuild the heads with new hardware and seals. I just don't want to replace the rockers if I don't have to and at this point I am still up in the air on the larger valves.
For what you're doing stay with stock valve size, especially on stock Magnum heads, don't spend the money on them. They have a limited life span.

But....The stock two piece valves like to snap the heads off when you start increasing spring pressures.

Wimpy cam, valves, springs etc are never a problem on a stock motor, all the crappy parts Mopar put in the Magnum motor work in happy harmony until you change something...Then you have to change everything.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by Adobedude
For what you're doing stay with stock valve size, especially on stock Magnum heads, don't spend the money on them. They have a limited life span.

But....The stock two piece valves like to snap the heads off when you start increasing spring pressures.

Wimpy cam, valves, springs etc are never a problem on a stock motor, all the crappy parts Mopar put in the Magnum motor work in happy harmony until you change something...Then you have to change everything.

Great advice. Is there a part number for valves that replace the stock valves but handle the higher spring pressure better? I like the idea of saving the money on the larger valves but I want all new hardware. If I can replace the stock valves with something a bit better then great.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
01 6.3L RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. I assume it will work with stock valve train? I will of course buy new springs to match the cam, and rebuild the heads with new hardware and seals. I just don't want to replace the rockers if I don't have to and at this point I am still up in the air on the larger valves.
This isn`t the cam i`m running , but my custom cam builder said this will work very well with stock valvetrain with out a problem

Old 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Originally Posted by 01 6.3L RT
This isn`t the cam i`m running , but my custom cam builder said this will work very well with stock valvetrain with out a problem
Any cam won't work with the stock springs, they can barely handle a stock cam, especially with some miles on them

Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by Adobedude
Any cam won't work with the stock springs, they can barely handle a stock cam, especially with some miles on them

Got a part number for better valves that drop in to replace the stock valves with no mods?

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Got a part number for better valves that drop in to replace the stock valves with no mods?

Thanks.
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/valves3.html

1.92 intake P5249875
1.625 exhaust P5249876

Quick Reply: Magnum 360 Cam Suggestions?