MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evon......did you use clearcoat?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They've been increasing the activity on giving out tickets to vehicles that have obscured or missing plates lately. Evon, your idea sounds great but here in NYC, that equals a $100 fine. Not to mention what else they can find! Is it me or does your D look like it's got a bigger smile now?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA the Ds always looks like they are smiling in the front, kind of evil looking when you think about it, unless you see it as a happy car. Untill the bottom plastic piece breaks off at the ends and hangs down, then it turns into a sad D.

I didn't use clear coat or anything, just sanded and spray about 3 coats of paint on. Those cans in the background I found in the garage and said alright free paint woo!!...well they were all empty of course so I did a walmart run and got the cheapest stuff I could find.

As for the license plates in the front, all states have crazy laws on them, some don't require them, some only need the numbers, but more and more are starting to want all it there just so they can writeup more fines. I'm looking into what's all involved with the 01+ bumpers and if they mount the foglights more securely, the one piece design almost has me sold as the bottom plastic cover won't tear off from the top metal bumper. if so I am deffinatly doing a swap.

Quick Reply: Friggin front steel bumper......grrrr