1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Doors not locking

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:54 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No Highline Durango's that I know of. Highline was a marketing package like SE, LE, SEL on lower end models. Dodge usually used SXT or SPORT on the truck line, Highline on a Neon.

IndyD

Old 12-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Radar696
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if it's not directly related to this problem it sure sounds like he should go through and lube all of those mechanisms.
At least the servos will work a lot less on each cycle.

My liftgate lock gets corroded through the outside handle from what I can tell.
I'm thinking I'm going to have to pull it apart and lube it again.

It sucks when you can't get it open!

Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

highline refers to the ctm. If you have keyless entry, fog lights, or some other features, you have a highline ctm. I've heard of dakotas with a base ctm but not a durango. I remember reading a post by either hydra or shrp the other day talking about it, ill try to find it

UPDATE:
I was wrong, it was master tech that posted about it:

Originally Posted by master tech
CENTRAL TIMER MODULE
DESCRIPTION
Two versions of the Central Timer Module (CTM) are available on this vehicle, a base version and a high-line version. The base version of the CTM is used on base models of the vehicle. The base version of the CTM combines the functions of a chime/buzzer module, an intermittent wipe module, and an ignition lamp time delay relay in a single unit.

The high-line version of the CTM is used on high-line vehicles. The high-line CTM provides all of the functions of the base version CTM, but also is used to control and integrate many of the additional electronic functions and features included on the high-line models. The high-line version of the CTM contains a central processing unit and interfaces with other modules in the vehicle on the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) data bus network.

The CCD data bus network allows the sharing of sensor information. This helps to reduce wire harness complexity, reduce internal controller hardware, and reduce component sensor current loads. At the same time, this system provides increased reliability, enhanced diagnostics, and allows the addition of many new feature capabilities.

Both versions of the CTM are mounted under the passenger side end of the instrument panel, outboard of the instrument panel glove box opening. For diagnosis of the base version of the CTM, refer to Central Timer Module in the Diagnosis and Testing section of Chime/Buzzer Warning Systems. For diagnosis of the high-line version of the CTM or the CCD data bus, the use of a DRB scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures manual are recommended. The CTM cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced.

OPERATION
Some of the functions and features that the CTM supports or controls include:

Chimes for the following conditions:
Headlamps on with ignition off and driver door open warning
Key in ignition with ignition off and driver door open warning
ABS lamp warning (if the vehicle is so equipped)
Airbag lamp warning
Check gauges lamp warning
Door ajar lamp warning
Low fuel lamp warning
Low washer fluid lamp warning
Seat belt reminder lamp warning
Transmission oil temperature lamp warning (automatic transmission)
Courtesy lamp defeat
Courtesy lamp time-out (high-line only)
Intermittent wipe control
Enhanced accident response (high-line only)
Horn chirp upon door lock with RKE (customer programmable) (high-line only)
Illuminated entry (high-line only)
Power door lock control (high-line only)
Power lock inhibit (high-line only)
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) (high-line only)
Remote radio switches (high-line only)
Rolling door locks (customer programmable) (high-line only)
Speed sensitive intermittent wipe (high-line only)
Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) (high-line only) (if the vehicle is so equipped)
Wipe after wash (high-line only)
More information on the operation of these CTM features and functions can be found in the group that covers the system to which that feature or function applies.

You may be able to find a ctm from a wrecked durango.

Last edited by that_guy; 12-04-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahh!

high-line verses Highline.

OIC. Who knew?

Learn something new everyday. Not once have I read about types of CTMs on the Durango. Specify the year, buy a new CTM, install and have dealer program it and you are usually done.

IndyD

Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, I knew there is 2 different CTM's available, one a regular and one a high-line.

Now did you replace the Master Door switch or are you thinking you are going to go straight for the CTM, because I would replace the door switch first.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Karl Hickerson Jr.
Default Flickering blower motor/R instrument lights

00' Durango 5.2L, The problem is intermittent working of blower motor, door locks, dash back light from the AC/heat control panel, cabin lights. This happens as I drive vibrations of the road which at first I thought was blower motor going bad. Here is the mystery to me, when I press on the passenger airbag everything works. I assume there is a sensor in the airbag, and I read about CTM, does the airbag have a universal switch that controls electrical on the right side of the interior to shut off when activated that needs to be replaced?

Old 11-16-2017, 04:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Pushing on the airbag probably just pushes against a connector somewhere under it, that is becoming loose..... Be VERY careful working on/around airbags, they can kill.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Karl Hickerson Jr.

At this point I should pull the dash and check all connections in that area? or would the CTM be failing??

Old 11-17-2017, 11:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I don't know if it's possible to pull the air bag without removing the dash..... removing the dash may be easier/safer, not sure if it will show you what you need to see though. Have a service manual for your truck? Checking component/connector/splice locations might give a clue.

Quick Reply: Doors not locking