1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

surrounded by blown-up 4.7s

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amen hydra, couldn't agree more!!

I'm probably the cheapest person on these forums when it comes to repairs on my D, using old parts and what not to save me money, for me that is, HOWEVER there is no way I would EVER do this to anyone else especially a paying customer who puts their trust in me doing the job right. Heads from a diffrent engine should ONLY go on another block once both the heads and block were taking to a machine shop and ground down to be perfectly flat because heat (especially from a seized block) will warp them and that alone on the same block is calling for trouble.

There's another old saying in auto repair it goes "Do it once, do it right"

Last edited by Evon Trizmo; 03-18-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Freedog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at an auto parts store and see this kinda crap EVERYDAY! It's sad to see customers come into the store and wonder why their "new" engine is acting up. There are a lot of crappy mechanics out there that pretend to have ways to fix customers cars cheaply by using used parts such as water pumps, sensors, alternators, etc. Don't get me wrong, some parts are perfectly fine to source from a junk yard but others are not and it's sad to see a'holes take advantage of those that don't know the difference. There's a special place in hell for these people.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

It is pretty pathetic indeed but I guess it makes you appreciate the honest mechanics that much more. Ironic that this "MECHANIC" has not made any other comments other than the initial one. I suspect that if any of his victims....I mean customers.....damm thats twice!!... anyway......if his customers make their presence known on the forum soon I am sure they wont hesitate to let us know the shop name.

Especially if they have engine issues caused by improper maintenance.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Yeah because I've owned my shop for 8 years and am very proud to say that nobody has ever come back due to something stupid on our part because we cheaped out. IMO always better just to get some new heads and check the valves for anything wrong. Puting used heads is BAD service and you should be ashamed of yourself for giving everyone else a bad name.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 PM
HellzMindPlaya

Yeah, not the OP, and I have never had the job of having to tare down and rebuild an engine even, so don't worry, I won't be using used parts in someone elses rig. I just work on my own stuff... No shop here.

I just made the comment that he could offer it as a cheaper option because I don't really have any clue as to how much work it would be to rebuild the thing. Sorry.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

I agree with Sharps... I don't think that we will see the OP again.... All i can say is that i hope this practice is discovered and the person and/or persons involved are givin the proper consequences according to the law....

Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

The proper consequences are when the owner brings it back in a month because of a blown head gakset haha.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HellzMindPlaya
Yeah, not the OP

I just made the comment that he could offer it as a cheaper option because I don't really have any clue as to how much work it would be to rebuild the thing. Sorry.
Skimmy!......LMAO!

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
umm hydra he is not the OP, we still havnt heard back from him, and i dont think we ever will
I saw Hemi ^^^ there and saw hell's line and thought he was the same person because he appeared to be backing it up but with the same type writing. I thought he was the same guy.........LMFAO......Damn whiskey!

Anyway, apology given.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Skimmy!......LMAO!

I saw Hemi ^^^ there and saw hell's line and thought he was the same person because he appeared to be backing it up but with the same type writing. I thought he was the same guy.........LMFAO......Damn whiskey!

Anyway, apology given.

i figured somewhere Mr. Al Cohol was involved......lol

Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Old_School
i figured somewhere Mr. Al Cohol was involved......lol
You can always tell when I'm actin like a dumb ***!

Quick Reply: surrounded by blown-up 4.7s