Rear diff leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
01 6.3L RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Can you believe this ****?
She was doing her nails at the time yur email came thru , as well as makeup ..damn Hydra don`t yu know not to send emails ...........

Old 03-30-2011, 11:28 AM
atthewmartin114
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
Hey hydra, I now work in the service center of a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership and IIRC it is Castrol under the name of Mopar. I know as a fact nothing we use is under the name of Lucas Oil and I know as a fact nobody in the service center uses anything with Lucas.

We only carry Mopar brand at our dealership and I know as a fact we don't carry 90w differential fluid. We also put factory spec weight fluids in the vehicle and not 90w in a Durango. The Durango calls for 75w-90, not to mention I've never heard of a 90w differential gear lube. The only thing I've ever heard of a 90w being is a Manual Transmission gear lube, which is two completely different ball games we're playing here. We use many different weights so we don't use one specific weight.

Im running a manual tranny in my truck thus the 90w. also it brakes down slower and retains less heat. i work my truck hard. and i play even harder with it. i have been running the Lucis in everything i own including the 3/8 oval track race car tranny and diff and thats a 01 dodge neon r/t. my GF nissan Sentra has 175k on it and only get lucis ran threw it. ( need to warm it up in the winter but that ok). and if out look for heavy trucks its 90w 110 or 120 something like that. i dont see why the 75w or 80w wouldnt work just as well.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by atthewmartin114
Im running a manual tranny in my truck thus the 90w. also it brakes down slower and retains less heat. i work my truck hard. and i play even harder with it. i have been running the Lucis in everything i own including the 3/8 oval track race car tranny and diff and thats a 01 dodge neon r/t. my GF nissan Sentra has 175k on it and only get lucis ran threw it. ( need to warm it up in the winter but that ok). and if out look for heavy trucks its 90w 110 or 120 something like that. i dont see why the 75w or 80w wouldnt work just as well.
If you bother to read it states right in the manual, DO NOT USE ADDITIVES!

Additives are like herbs, they are unregulated!!!!!!!!! So a company can put WHATEVER they want into it and sell it to you for big money. If you want to be their pray, then have at it.

Quick Reply: Rear diff leak