1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Unthinkable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found On Road Dead

At least my dodge stands for Doing Overhauls Daily Gets Expensive, I couldn't agree more. Just purchased an 03 stratus today ($5,000 dealer special) so we'll see, I have to wander on over to the other sides of these forums and introduce myself to the people over there now.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah well I have to say the Stratus is a very well built car and since I've been working at the dealership down here in Florida, I haven't seen ANY come in yet. Mainly a lot of jeeps...

Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Biff85ta
Professional

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
Yeah that thing is sick looking and even more sick under the hood. I agree that getting rid of a Dodge for a Ford is a sin in my book, but to each their own. I'm not going to judge you just because you drive a Ford. Just keep in mind Ford stands for "Fix Or Repair Daily".
Backwards it is "Driver Returns On Foot". I alway like the one that refers to it being a F___ed Over Rebuilt Dodge.

I would however tell the OP do what your gut tells you. I thought about doing the same thing with my D when I had it but traded for the caddy instead. I liked my D but just could not stand the fuel mileage and really did not need the 4wd or towing capability.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

That's why I have two cars now, a D for when I have money (like the next 2 days after I get my paycheck) and the stratus for when I'm poor (95% of the time). Of course I'm sure if I had a wife I'd have to give up one...or her...that's a hard choice because my D never yelled at me or told me to slow down when I stomp the gas, and it was the only thing taking the abuse too.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Biff85ta
I liked my D but just could not stand the fuel mileage and really did not need the 4wd or towing capability.
This is exactly the reason why I have to give my biased opinion on this because I could never see myself selling my Durango for a low riding car. My Durango pulls more weight than my Ram does on a normal basis and I like how it rides much better than the dually I have.

Sure the dually does pull it better, but it's mostly about comfort why I choose the Durango to pull my trailers day to day rather than the Ram. It's also a lot about buying a used vehicle. There's so much to worry about and so much that can go wrong, that I just believe in my D and trust that it's not going to leave me stranded on the side of the road.

There is definitely a lot of things to take into consideration when trading a vehicle.

Originally Posted by Evon Trizmo
...that's a hard choice because my D never yelled at me or told me to slow down when I stomp the gas, and it was the only thing taking the abuse too.
LOL My wife loves to complain and yell when I hit the gas. Oh well, more of a reason to stomp on it when someone pisses me off, I'd say!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

Especially trading for one that's 20 years old.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

id have to say that i stay with the D

Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Mean. Stay with the D...myself I am personally very stongly considering when D is paid off of course.....Getting a economical sedan for daily driver but still keeping the D for 4WD in winter and when I may need it for utility but mainly giving it a break. If I had the $$$$ I would consider removing from road and giving a major restoration. I mean total frame up...remove down to frame to remove rust.....then back together,, interior soundproofing....HEATER CORE/ EVAP CORE/ wiring as needed... you know the drill.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

I can't give up my D and it's rolled over in a ditch right now and won't be running back on the road untill at least this fall. Best vehicle I ever owned let alone drove.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

evon, what actually happened to your truck, i think i read one post saying the trans blew up, now it rolled into a ditch, another said you sent it to the junkyard, what actually happened?

Quick Reply: Unthinkable?