1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Unthinkable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bunch of stuff happened, here's a timeline starting about 2 weeks ago after the new exhaust and O2 sensor haha. It started sucking up a ton of fuel about 800 miles later. So that's the big problem now. Driving it home about a week ago the tranny blew internally and must have taken out the park prawl because it rolled down my driveway, over a small landscape wall and flipped over when it dropped into the neighbors yard. Alright, called the scrap yard the next day they said $200 they'll get rid of it for me, well my friends got mad and said they wanted the truck for the engine I just rebuilt so I said go get it back then, so they attempted to tow it back home with some rigged up trailer which failed so it's currectly stuck upside down in a ditch right now on the side of the road. They got fed up with it so I said give me $200 and it'll be my problem now, so it's mine currectly once again haha. I can't part with my D it was too good to me in the past.
It's been through a ton these last few weeks but in the end I own it once again, the reason I was so quick it get rid of it was because I needed the money fast to help with a down payment on my replacment car, but now I got a new job so I can once again afford to troubleshoot and hold onto the D. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this problem. A friend of mine has a used tranny for $100 he'll sell me so that's nothing, then it's just back to the mass fuel comsuming problem.
I pulled the PCM out of it before I left it in the ditch and opened up the casing, it's toasted on a small spot inside so I'll be getting a new one and hopefully that fixes it. That's as far as I am right now, probably monday I'll be recovering the D and (properly haha) towing it back home.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:49 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

wow man, thats rough

Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

My D has been through an insane amount of crazy adventures every since the day I got it haha. But it's always gotten me where I needed to go and always been there for me so I really couldn't part with it, way too many good memories. The body of course is in horrible shape, but it still drives fine, or will with another tranny I'll get in there soon. Then once I fix the MPG issues and get it back up to 20, it will once again be a daily driver. I can't even begin to explain what it's like to get out of a car and into my D, it's like I'm right at home where I belong.

So just hang onto your D a little longer Green, it will grow on you like cancer haha.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. At my newer job at the dealership I drive a ton of Chrysler vehicles on a daily basis and nothing is like at the end of the day when I hop in my Durango to get home.

I have to say the new 2011 Ram is awesome, but it is still better to ride in my Durango on the way home.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

I haven't found out what it is about the D. Dodge did something to make it addicting. Maybe it's just everything, I don't know. Somebody tell me why it's just so.......you know haha. Can't even explain it.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, I'm not gunna read all the way starting clear up ^^^^^^^ there but,

you got 94k on the clock and he's got 25k on the clock with a built motor. My question is, how much $$$$$ can you get out of his ride to yours? If you can get more then take it, sell it, and buy better.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

That's the smartest thing anyone has said on this thread so far haha, hydra has an excellent point there.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker

A wise man once said.... You can set my truck on fire, roll it down a hill and i still would not trade it for a couple D'ville.... just my 2 cents

Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Mean Green
Champion

I KBB'ed my D and it is worth $5220. He bought the Stang for $4500 and put it out there for $6300 and is getting tons of calls for it. It is a very desirable body for the 5.0. I told him I would trade straight across the table. I figure it is a fair trade and I wouldn't sell the thing until well into the future if at all. I never figured on getting rid of the D but this is a great opportunity and if I miss my D too much I can always pick up another one, they are a dime a dozen around here. We'll see what he says on Monday.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

I wonder what the actual MPG on that built up 5.0 is compared to the D. The 5.0 windsor is a very popular motor, almost like the 5.9 is for dodge. Here's some useless trivia for you guys, the ford 5.0 is actually 4.9L but since ford already had a 4.9L out, they just cheated and said it's a 5.0

$5220 for yours, you're lucky, I wanted to do a trade in on mine at the dealer and they said they'll give me no more than $50.

Quick Reply: Unthinkable?