1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Gone But Not Forgotten

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 12:13 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Post Gone But Not Forgotten

During the early years of my life I was one of the fortunate one to have learned from an old professional. He took me under his wing and taught me MANY of old back yard and "by ear" tricks. The man was a pure genius of his time, but his legend was short lived by pure age.

The man was born in 1923 and served respectfully in WW-II. He survived and came back to the states. He married and set his roots only to teach the people that would listen to his teachings. I was one of these fortunately people to share a segment of his life with him. I only knew and worked with him for 2 years, but those 2 years were worth an eternity.

This man was one of the old crew you could pull your car or truck up (I mean the older versions of course) and your vehicle could be runnin like pure burned hell, ask you to pop your hood with a smile and ask you to keep it running, and before you could get out of the vehicle and with one hand have that thing purring like a kitten. A freaking genius! The type person that would have given his last penny to see your happiness.

Well I got his obituary last weekend (that my mother cut out of the local paper "small town") and finally brought myself to read. Well I read it today (even though I had it for a week); his name was "Buck Wilde".

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for taking my under your wing and teaching me everything I would learn, even though it wasn't enough.

Last edited by hydrashocker; 04-03-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:37 AM
MAGIC84
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is sad story Hydra. Sounds like he was one of the old school mechs. RIP Buck.

In a somewhat related story, some of you may have heard of the "HONOR FLIGHT" a group of WW2 veterans that make trips from different parts of the country to visit Washington, DC memorials, services etc... Some more of you maybe aware that I work as a Aircraft Dispatcher for US Airways. My job involves flight planning, weather briefs, fuel loads, etc...

Let me tie the two parts together real quick. Last night I had the honor and privilege of dispatching a charter flight for the Wisconsin group from Madison. Sometimes Charter flights don't go as smooth but this went without a hitch and it was truly a privilige to help get the Veterans to DC and enjoy their outing. This maybe the last for some of them and anything I could do to help them out.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:08 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here Here... RIP Mr. Wilde.

Looking forward to meeting you someday and having you tune my celestial-HEMI.

Rob

Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I just wanted to let known, I think of this person specifically as a father of my learning and further contrubutions here at the forum!

As a tear in my eye, and a sadness in my heart, he has finally passed through the gates, and in my heart which I knew it would finally overcome him. "He" was one of the greatest reasons I come here. I just wanted to give a shout out to him and say thanks.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your loss HS.

Memories are God's way of keeping folks with us long enough for us to accept their absence.

Rob

Last edited by IndyDurango; 04-03-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:40 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

sorry, previous magic post deleted.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

sorry to hear this hydra, sounds like was a very good man

RIP -Mr. Buck Wilde

Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 PM
neilb
Professional

Mr Buck Wilde, even his name is awesome, these are the characters most of us only read about in books, but you were lucky enough to have known him, and learnt from him. A sad loss.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:03 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Amen brother. We all mourn his loss...

Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
dolittle
Veteran

Hydra sorry for your loss. I'm sure he was a good man we are losing them. WWII vets
and I wish I could say thanks to them all.
Thanks for the post.
JD

Quick Reply: Gone But Not Forgotten