1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Steering wheel radio controls? Do they exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rhillman75
I have them on my 01 SLT... but they are useless since I went to a JVC HD radio and found out it does not have the steering wheel control input. Although it did come with a wireles remote so I can't b*tch about it!
I have the steering wheel controls in both my 2000 and 2001 SLT + Durango's. On the '01 I installed the AXXESS ASWC-1 steering wheel control module (link to Amazon:
Amazon Amazon
). It works great on my JVC head unit. I am saving up to upgrade the '00 Durango with the same control module and a new blue tooth head unit. But I need to get another steering wheel for the '00 Durango as the previous owner pried the right side control off...and butchered the wiring...it's a nightmare behind the dash.

Hope the link helps.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:08 PM
sporta
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tralaina Cockrum
my 99 dodge Durango has them, as stated by someone they put them on the backside of the steering wheel. I love the conveneince of them but they aren't cheap to replace. Dodge company says $75.00 each (there's 2), i'm going to check around.
Check Pick N Pull if there is one in your area...Lots of Durango's sitting out there with the steering wheels and controls intact.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Compactc9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is one of my favorite features my truck has. My head unit is starting to go out though. I think I'd prefer to get another working original type unit, I've never really liked how aftermarket ones look in the dash.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:36 PM
sporta
Veteran

Originally Posted by Compactc9
This is one of my favorite features my truck has. My head unit is starting to go out though. I think I'd prefer to get another working original type unit, I've never really liked how aftermarket ones look in the dash.
Shoot me a PM, I might still have my factory head unit that I would be wiling to sell.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:14 PM
b1lk1
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a 2003 SLT Plus and I am amazed as to how many options, including wheel radio controls, it has.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel radio controls? Do they exist?