Woo-Hoo, new shiny brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

OK,

If I may interject my opinion.

I understand what Indy is trying to say here, but I think he pronounced it the wrong way. I don't think we need tough love to provide an answer that is open to scrutiny Indy. I too believe the older we get the smarter we get, however most of the members here don't plan on owning their trucks tell they die of old age.

I am going to side with Indy here and tell the OP that.....IMHO.....that he should get a set of Bilstien's as I think they will give him the best bang for his dollar spent. I too do not like Monroe; however that is a biased opinion on my part because I have never rode in a Durango with them, however the vehicles I have ridden in feel like crap.....Again.....IMHO

I will go out on a different limb and say everyone’s wrong! I think the best shock is an Edelbrock IAS Performer shock http://store.edelbrock.com/shockabsorbers-2.aspx hands down! But again talking about shocks is like talking about spark plugs or oil, we all have our own opinions and that is that!

What is the best shock for the dollar, well that is actually completely open to scrutiny! It solely depends on driving style and terrain! What works for one person will not work for someone else! In fact, has anyone even bothered asking the OP how he drives, what he needs, what he likes, and what he does?????? No, instead of asking the basic questions and actually helping the OP everyone thinks they have the best answer out there when nobody does because the questions are un-answered!

Now I agree with Sharps, to make a blank statement like "Nothing should go on the D other than Bilstiens" is in no way correct. Indy,……IMHO……you should have worded that different, if the intent was to offer an opinion and you could have stated it in a way to descript your intent.

Now, can we get back to our regular scheduled program because this thread has made a U-turn!

Last edited by hydrashocker; 05-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
neilb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all for advice and opinions, I value them all, but as I stated I am on a limited budget, so at the moment I am just looking to keep my ride safe and sound without breaking the bank, better performance and longevity can be looked into at a later date, so as long as I dont send my family down the road in a potential deathtrap I will be a happy bunny, so dont worry, I wont be fitting the $13 budget shocks from fleabay, the Monroe Sensa-Trac seem like a decent cost effective option, but whatever I decide on I will update you guys and thanks again.
Neil.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:52 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

glad you got the important information out of our clusterf*ck of a thread, once again sorry to hijack your thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
tomwic

Put Monroe Reflex on my D a couple of weeks ago, don't think you will be disappointed. About a 6 or 7 on firmness, no body roll on corners, good road feel, nice dampening of bumps. At the time I bought them Monroe had a buy 3 get one free.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to throw a wrench in the works but whats the difference between some of these rancho shocks? like RS9000XL Series and the RS5000

Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
neilb
Professional

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
glad you got the important information out of our clusterf*ck of a thread, once again sorry to hijack your thread

Lol, no problem, I dont mind a little heated discussion when there is some real information mixed up in there as well.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by srch4me
not to throw a wrench in the works but whats the difference between some of these rancho shocks? like RS9000XL Series and the RS5000
Fully adjustable and not, however start a new thread.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
however start a new thread.
lol.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM
dpedersen
Default dodge durango 2002 replacment brake pads

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
neilb,

Even on a budget, there is nothing wrong with the Duralast Gold pads. They are pretty good actually. As for the Centric rotors, never heard of them. If you have issues with warping, next time trust the same pads and get something better on the rotors.

Good luck with the Durango!

IndyD

looking for help find out how to replace brake pads can``````t seem to figure out how to remove old pads I cant figure out remove bolts to get started

Old 08-27-2011, 03:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

You have to press the cylinders in to get them out and unbolt the slide bolts on the back. Brakes are not just a walk in the park, they are easy yes but when you mess with them you need to know what your doing because if not you can kill someone.

In my opinion you should probably get some help or take it to a shop.

Quick Reply: Woo-Hoo, new shiny brakes.