1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Installed CAI kit...now truck runs hot????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011 | 05:03 PM
Tshane72
|
Professional

Yeah I am the OP but this has been great and I have actually learned a lot from Hydra and Sharps...and I applaud them for actually arguing their respective points in a very mature and adult way with respect..unlike some other threads you see on other forums where it turns out to be a bitch-fest between school kids. So, it's all good!

Old 06-01-2011 | 10:43 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yes hydra, i was trying to simplify a very NOT SIMPLE idea for the people who have no background or interest in understand thermodynamics and the other in depth stuff we were talking about, however i DID make sure to specify that the increase in fuel was in response to an increase in air mass.

and thanks Tshane, we try to keep it civil without removing the ability to defend and discuss different topics, its the best way to learn IMO

Old 06-01-2011 | 10:57 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

We're all friends here......LOL

A difference in opinion is fine because we respect each other, and we both are open to every members ideas. I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

IMHO.....I think a discussion of different opinions offer new and improved ideas. Not to mention most of the time threads end up clean, but there is always ones that end up bad......LMFAO! ...... And that is the reason this forum ends up on top.

Then again, it's always good to agree, even though we might not agree, we can disagree agreeably.

Old 06-01-2011 | 11:02 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

lol, i very much like the way that you put that hydra

Old 06-14-2011 | 03:49 AM
Team Husky

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
if it were me i would start by checking to make sure there are no bugs or other crap caked into the radiator and condenser core (the small radiator for the a/c unit) and then i would check to make sure the electric fan is coming on, it sounds to me like your e-fan isnt coming on and that was the rising temp problem in the drive thru, this is easy to check by simply turning the a/c on and looking to see if the e-fan goes on, if it doesnt check the relay and get back to us
Don't forget to check between the radiator and the condensor. Lots of people forget about that and that is where most of the crap is..

Old 06-14-2011 | 09:12 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yes you are correct, when i did my oil change yesterday i pulled what looked like two big mouse nests out of that gap (no temperature problems tho)

Quick Reply: Installed CAI kit...now truck runs hot????