1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just went fully synthetic!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:39 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

josh i have no clue what BMW puts in the car, all i know is that its some $80-100 for the dealer to do a change once the warranty coverage is gone,

also idc what a manufacturer says, an oil filter is NOT good for 25k miles i wouldnt even run the same filter for 10k miles, id say filters have a 5-7k mile limit on them before the filter media gets so clogged up that the oil is just bypassing the media and then the filter is useless.

Old 07-21-2011 | 06:52 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

The oil is a "European Fully Synthetic Oil" special blend and most of them are made by Mobil One. The oils are specially formulated for designated engines and the tolerances on those engines are VERY crucial. One of the reasons of the cost is because they import it. I'm not sure of the filters but I would suggest they are a large size by comparison so the media wouldn't fill all the way up, not to mention the engines tolerances don't leave a lot behind. By comparison, USA built motors don't even compare to how they manually build those motors. In fact look at how Ferrari builds their motors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcoV...layer_embedded

Old 07-21-2011 | 08:21 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
The oil is a "European Fully Synthetic Oil" special blend and most of them are made by Mobil One. The oils are specially formulated for designated engines and the tolerances on those engines are VERY crucial. One of the reasons of the cost is because they import it. I'm not sure of the filters but I would suggest they are a large size by comparison so the media wouldn't fill all the way up, not to mention the engines tolerances don't leave a lot behind. By comparison, USA built motors don't even compare to how they manually build those motors. In fact look at how Ferrari builds their motors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcoV...layer_embedded
Amazing video... Gives me a few ideas for mod's on the D

Quick Reply: Just went fully synthetic!