1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Ordering some new suspension parts, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
M Shark
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering some new suspension parts, a few questions

I'm looking online for a few suspension parts. Truck is a 2002 4.7L Durango 4WD / 146k miles

Part# 5.2114 rear leaf spring bushing set says it's for 4WD, but when trying to place an order they say it's for a 2WD. I'm wondering if they are just the same for both 4wd and 2wd.

Part# 5.168 front sway bar bushing set. I can't seem to find this online anywhere.

Part# 5.167 rear sway bar bushing set - ordered.

1 more question, I was wondering if replacing the front rack and pinion bushings is really needed? My steering wheel shakes on rough roads and would this minimize the shaking?

Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Bobman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M Shark
I'm looking online for a few suspension parts. Truck is a 2002 4.7L Durango 4WD / 146k miles

Part# 5.2114 rear leaf spring bushing set says it's for 4WD, but when trying to place an order they say it's for a 2WD. I'm wondering if they are just the same for both 4wd and 2wd.

Part# 5.168 front sway bar bushing set. I can't seem to find this online anywhere.

Part# 5.167 rear sway bar bushing set - ordered.

1 more question, I was wondering if replacing the front rack and pinion bushings is really needed? My steering wheel shakes on rough roads and would this minimize the shaking?
Not sure about the other parts, but take a close look at the intermediate steering shaft knuckle and see if it's worn at all. You can check it by taking off the driver side front wheel and put your hand on the lower part of the shaft. Have someone move the steering wheel side to side and look / feel for play in the U-joint. That's a common wear point and will cause the wheel to shake. Replacement is easy, shaft was somewhere around $135 or so if I remember right.

Bob

Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Quick Reply: Ordering some new suspension parts, a few questions