Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
swab
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
this right here might be your problem
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8449/img0109h.jpg

that red slide is unlocked in that picture, unplug it, clean out good with contact cleaner, reinsert and make sure that red slide engages so taht the plug cannot vibrate loose.
i think i did that i couldnt get it off actually i tried for 20 minutes. i tried with that red slide to the right and left and i just couldnt get the part off. i thought that red slide had to come out even more but i guess it doesnt?

what is that harness called? i just got back from auto zone they said i had to go to a dealership but im not going to do that im going to go to my local junk yard to pull one off another durango, but i dont know what this harness is called, does anyone know what its called or got an item number i can give people when they ask what im looking for? also do i need to ask for just any 1st gen durango's or do other dodges have the same harness?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i do not know of any other trucks that use the same harness, you can check the FAQ thread, there is a pdf parts manual for the truck, feel free to go through there and find the part # (it has pictures too)

Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 PM
swab
Rookie

i do not know of any other trucks that use the same harness, you can check the FAQ thread, there is a pdf parts manual for the truck, feel free to go through there and find the part # (it has pictures too)
im not seeing a FAQ section, i been looking through Technical Help & Information but had no luck finding anything.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

FAQ thread, its stickied near the top of the forum

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...wers-faqs.html

Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The red slider lock does come out, but they are a b!tch to get back in. In that picture slide it to the left. Now if id doesn't come all the way out try to unlatch the center latch. It is under that bridge looking thing there is a center latch so lift it and disconnect.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 PM
swab
Rookie

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
The red slider lock does come out, but they are a b!tch to get back in. In that picture slide it to the left. Now if id doesn't come all the way out try to unlatch the center latch. It is under that bridge looking thing there is a center latch so lift it and disconnect.
ok i see what your talking about, i will try that in the morning. but that red slide cannot go to the left any further, i tried everything i could thats as far as the red slide can go, are you sure that red slide is not all the way open already?

FAQ thread, its stickied near the top of the forum

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...wers-faqs.html

thanks ill check that out

UPDATE: i downloaded the 2002 durango service manual in there even though i got a 2001 and man its 2141 pages i really dont know where to look i never looked at a service manual before and its alot harder in a .pdf ill never find what im looking for. i looked at the index under "t" and didnt see anything about tail lights

Last edited by swab; 10-05-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

It is in the "8L" Lamps section.

Anyway, in the picture the red lock is in full lock position. You slide it to the left out of the body to disengage. Then you lift the clasp and slide the harness out. I am unsure if it fully come all the way out or not. I have seen some that don't need to come all the way out, yet I have seen some that do need to come all the way out. In that picture it appears that it does not come all the way out and it holds the clasp down or locks a lip to ensure it cannot fall appart.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

in that picture the red clasp is in the fully unlocked position. and 2002 should be close enough to your 2001

Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well I have no idea now!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:45 AM
swab
Rookie

thanks guys, i ended up just pushing the wires back into the harness and it hasnt gone out yet an its been over a week now, this is just a temp fix until it goes out again, i was going to go look around for that part the next day but then i was busy and it hasnt even gone out yet so hopefully i fixed the problem that easy, i do got a 3000 watt stereo system though "4 alpine type R 12" subs" that might vibrate them out unfortunately. im just that lazy i guess, im going to see if it goes out again before i replace it. im even going to put in a new fuse for my break lights to see if that fixed that problem as well. because remember the fuse kept poping for my break lights only. tail lights have been fine

Quick Reply: 01 durango break lights are out, keep blowing fuse - PLEASE give advise