Im so confused and need help from the masters

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
RollerRed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brhodes
Two things I can promise you:

1: Almost any vehicle will do "burnouts" on wet pavement. Almost....

2: Your vehicle(s) will break down on you often, never last you very long, and you'll most likely not even understand why.
I know most vehicles will do bun outs, but being able to roast both rear tires for ten feet was fun!

Also on 2: WTF? Not if you take care of it...

Old 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM
brhodes
Professional

That was more of a joke than a...prophecy

However, let me say this: If you hot-rod your vehicle, it WILL wear out much sooner. That's fact, physics, and nothing can change it. Bearings take a beating, bushings, wrist pins...basically anything that moves or spins will wear out quicker...much quicker.

Let me tell you what's a fun car to buy for a hot-rod...get yourself a mid-80's Firebird or Camaro, with a 5 speed and a V8. You can build a 350 that'll give you 400 ponies for under $2000, and the thing will turn that car into a real blast to drive (or a coffin, if you're careless, stupid, or inept) that's cheap to work on.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

lol i got it...yea i baby my rig more then anything, this was a one time thing to just see if the D was all my friends said it could be.
I wish I could find firebird or early 90's corvette that I could build up to hot rod the crap out of but money is a little low for that...haha

Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
brhodes
Professional

Those 80's firebirds can be had around her for $500, all day. Some running, some not, but easy to find. I had one about 15 years ago, put a small block 400 in it from a truck, a cam WAY bigger than I ever should have, and a Weiand tunnel ram with a 750 double-pumper on it, and made a terrible mess of cutting the hold in the hood, but covered it with a cheap-*** bolt on scoop. It was ugly and noisy, but GOD that thing hauled ***. My wife backed my old Scout into it and tore up the back end, shattered the hatchback, etc. so I sold the motor and tranny and crushed the car.

Quick Reply: Im so confused and need help from the masters