1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Not a good sound...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gambit505
No it's all of them. Had a friend work at one here and all I could ever say when I was there was "wow did he really just do that?"

A few years ago i went with a friend to have an oil change done... i watched as they drained a ford and filled a toyota with the same oil they just drained... they also took off the filter and cleaned it up with a shop rag..

Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gambit505
No it's all of them.
I TOTALLY agree......Yes I'm yelling that!

In my honest opinion, Jiffy Lube is nothing a bunch of un-trained, un-educated, and un-moralized idiots!

All they know how to do is look at a computer and do what it says, if they care, and if they can find it. And anything aftermarket they are completely perplexed. They don't even have the right lubricants needed for your ride and install nothing but multi-vehical fluids that are supposed to "Work" with your systems but don't.

I tell you what, go there again and watch what they do, then get under it and see all the grease zerks they miss, then ask what EXACT fluids they used to top everything off, then look in your manual and service manual and see if it all adds up?

You might as well drive your truck off a cliff then waste your money at Jiffy Lube, at least then you will still get something out of it!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 PM
TurboStixx
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was kinda in a bind at the time, and it needed to be changed and unfortunately it was a sunday and the place I go was closed. I always watch closely and double check the oil levels after I leave. But anyways, I have taken over a garage, finished building the fence and gate around it today, so I am officially have a spot to do it. My HOA would throw a FIT and make me pay fines for changing my oil in my truck in the parking lot.

Look at the picture below. Got me thinking, isn't the intake liquid cooled as well? Or something of that nature. I am showing no signs of anti-freeze on the stick and from what I can tell not much in the radiator. No overheating.

Figuring its the intake gasket set(if it is in fact liquid cooled). This "substance" only appears after driving. I noticed it when I was topping up my oil this afternoon.

Going to take a look next weekend, just hoping it is the case and NOT the head gasket. That would stink!
Name:  Image12182011101918.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  144.6 KB

Last edited by TurboStixx; 12-18-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There is always a little moisture in the crank case and with your PCV valve being clogged it most likely didn't vent well. I would just wipe it off and instead worry about the actual oil on the stick. After driving it if your oil is brownish/white then you have a problem. It will look like the cap yet usually slightly darker. This means a head gasket.

If you do a lot of short area driving that moisture can also build up leaving that white film.

The intake manifold does have coolant running through it, but it only does so to push coolant through both sides to overlap cooling efficiency, and in your motor it also incorporates the T-stat, cold coolant heater return, as well as it has a by pass hose.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
TurboStixx
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha! ok, well the oil on the dipstick is just a little burnt (used) but that is because of the fact that it is almost oil change time again! I do a lot of short driving, about 3-4 miles to work at most. Sometimes I will drive around for a bit, like today I did a quite a bit of driving this evening, but I kept stopping at stores or my moms to finish fixing her heater in her caravan, which is still a work in progress but not the issue, if I see it again I will wipe it away and I will keep my eyes on the dipstick but I have not seen any one there. thanks hydra, my first thought was, you motherFer, this trucks head gasket is gone you pice of crap blah blah blah, put me in a bad mood, then started thinking about intake which still didn't make me happy, buttt....not so mad now!

Quick Reply: Not a good sound...