1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Coil

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Russ50
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just looking at my dash an just seen that when I turn my key on that my batt.an my gas gage isn't working,, An when I went to crank the motor over the stop an seen my mileage flashing,, No elc. to the injectors or fuel pump,, All the fueses are good an my batt. is only 4 month old an is still in top shape,, All the grounds are makeing contact,,, Could this mean that the computer box mite have went out on me???? I also remember that I had my batt. charger hook up to my batt. while I was cranking it over a few times,,, (I for got to unhook it),,,,

Old 02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ50
I was just looking at my dash an just seen that when I turn my key on that my batt.an my gas gage isn't working,, An when I went to crank the motor over the stop an seen my mileage flashing,, No elc. to the injectors or fuel pump,, All the fueses are good an my batt. is only 4 month old an is still in top shape,, All the grounds are makeing contact,,, Could this mean that the computer box mite have went out on me???? I also remember that I had my batt. charger hook up to my batt. while I was cranking it over a few times,,, (I for got to checkunhook it),,,,
Did you check ALL the fuses under the hood in the PDC and in the panel by the drivers door??? IIRC, in 98 there are a few fuses on the drivers kick panel inside the truck under the dash.. there a PITA to get to..

It really sounds like it is a bad fuse or relay.. another thing you can do to test the relay is pull another one, say from the horn and put it in the fuel pump slot.. if it corrects it then replace the relay...

also one last thing.... when you say you checked all the fuses and they where good... did you visually check them or check them with a meter?? sometime a fuse can "look" ok but it is really blown.. had that happen to me a few times.

Last edited by Old_School; 02-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

check the relays too, swap the ASD relay with another one of the same type if there is one (something that you can be sure works, like the horn relay if they match)

Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 PM
crawlin95
Professional

click would come from the pdc under the hood black rectangular box also double check all your fuses there and in the fuse box in the cab. I never give up lol

Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Russ50
Professional

Hey all,, Thanks for helping me,, oldschool has helped me with trying to go over things,, Well come to find out that when I pull the fuse to the fuelpump an put my light tester on the prongs then the left side lights up like it should,,,, Then I put my light tester on the right side it lights up with the key on an when I turn the key off then only the left side lights up,, So now it seem like theres a short someplace an just got to find it,, if anybody came across this prob then please let me know,,, oldschool really took his time to help me get this far an hopefully we getting closer to the prob,,

Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Russ50
Professional

Yea crawlin95 I agree with ya cause I don't give up eigther,, But its to cold for me bones outside right now so got to wait an see how the weather dose next day or 2 before I can work on my D,,,, But when I find the prob I will post pic on here for updates an hope it will help somebody else someday,,,

Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
rollin_99
Rookie

Did you go over the pdf file for the ASD reley and done test procedures with a voltmeter?

Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
rollin_99
Rookie

Originally Posted by Russ50
I was just looking at my dash an just seen that when I turn my key on that my batt.an my gas gage isn't working,, An when I went to crank the motor over the stop an seen my mileage flashing,, No elc. to the injectors or fuel pump,, All the fueses are good an my batt. is only 4 month old an is still in top shape,, All the grounds are makeing contact,,, Could this mean that the computer box mite have went out on me???? I also remember that I had my batt. charger hook up to my batt. while I was cranking it over a few times,,, (I for got to unhook it),,,,
This problem is system wide? No power to the Fuel, ignition and gauges?
I had a problem with the D idling. A member by the name of "that_guy" Said to clean the battery cables and posts. To be sure for the next step of diagnosis I cleaned them up and found that i forgot to clean the inside post of the + cable. This bad contact keep the D from running. May be worth a shot.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
rollin_99
Rookie

Just went to check ASD relay on the D. I put my hand over it and I can
feel it click. If that helps.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Russ50
Professional

Hey,, Thanks rollin 99,, Soon as it warms up just a lil I will be going back out an try to find the short thats in mine someplace then I will see about that click an see if I feel it or not,, Thanks,,,

Quick Reply: Coil