1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

interesting read,

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
TurboStixx
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my D for just about as long as I have been married to my wife.

The Difference:
My wife went out of town and I was happy to have some alone time and partied my butt off.

My D went in for an alignment, I was very upset to be driving our Honda instead, and couldn't wait to get her back!

In 6 short months, I have made many memories in my D, and she had taken me places I wanted to go, no matter where they were. Now thanks to the NPS I can no longer get to most of those places. The last time I will ever visit those spots were in my D.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm the same way with mine too. It killed me not having it for a week last fall when the flexplate went and it was on jackstands in the garage at my parents house while I was in class for the week. I definitely baby it and I don't ever want to get rid of it.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
02dingo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv only been driving 3 years now and I guess I've been kinda a car ***** cause I'm already on my 3rd vehicle cause I just got note of my last two or fed up with working on them but I've had my durango 6 months now and so far nothing has broke even with all the abuse its been through but I don't think I will ever get rid of this vehicle I love it its been way tougher than I could have ever expected its taken on a deer going 70, 2 street signs (both lost), several jumps with the tires 2' in the air or more, numerous mud holes and it even did better in the snow than my buddies trucks and the only damage done to it is a small price of the bumper missing and a bent rim

Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
neilb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my Durango for 2 years now, although I have had to fix some stuff thats only because of some neglect from the prev owner, and fair wear anr tear on the old dear, I love it, but I will be re-locating back to the UK in a few weeks so she has to go, I have been here for 15 years and always ran with Dodge, though not perfect they have something, a nice big burger in a world of tofu, I can take my wife kid and dog home, but the D has to stay, but when I am driving around in a little fourbanger oh boy am I gonna miss her soooo much.

Quick Reply: interesting read,