1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

interesting read,

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default interesting read,

im sure many of us feel the same way about our trucks so i thought i would share.(i know its not a D, but its still in the mopar family)

http://www.evolvingsoul11.com/2012/0....html?spref=tw

Goodbye My Friend

It was time but that didn't make it any easier. My old girl had 226,000 miles on her...we definitely had a good run. I was taken aback today with my emotions. I wept every time T and I talked about letting her go. Yes, I know she is an object but seriously...I was with her longer than my marriage lasted. ;-) We had a bond and so....here's to you my old friend...

Thank you for 8 years of stellar service. Thank you for keeping me safe. Thank you for always starting in the cold Minnesota winters even during the times I didn't have a warm garage to keep you in. Thank you for keeping my butt warm on the cold days...that was my favorite feature. Thank you for all the awesome road trips we took, the sunrises and sunsets we saw and for never failing on me...especially all those times I trekked out alone. So many memories, so many great times.

Mostly...thank you for how I felt when I drove you. That rugged, nature loving, wind in my hair, going to travel the world feeling and all I need is my jeep. I truly will miss you.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine is in for body work right now and I miss her O so dearly right now I know they are just trucks to some people but I gave mine a hug after she was in getting the abs fixed and had to stay overnight.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 SS. I understand that fully. There's a reason I still have my Durango. And I bet many others would love to have her too.

IndyD

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by adukart
Mine is in for body work right now and I miss her O so dearly right now I know they are just trucks to some people but I gave mine a hug after she was in getting the abs fixed and had to stay overnight.
lol last time my parents brought my truck in when they came to see me, the truck got a hug before they got a chance to say anything to me . . .

Old 02-23-2012, 12:04 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I would have seperation anxiety so bad if had to go to school and leave my truck at home....

Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Compactc9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did cry myself to sleep the night after I had my accident and totaled my first one. I was only without one for 2 weeks and it was awful. I still miss the first one, but I like the new one a lot.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
littlelady

I completely understand. Mine was broken for 3 yrs. I was soo happy when I got her back on the road. I visited her daily until she was fixed. I LOVE MY TRUCK.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

I love my D!! Icy roads almost made me lose her last night. Thanks to AWD and some patience she's all good :-)

Old 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
lbzrango
Rookie

I know the feeling, last week I was about to trade for a jeep. I was at the guys house with the ownership signed and the jeep keys in my hand, as I was cleaning out the rango I had second thoughts.. And quickly made up an excuse as to why I couldn't trade. I don't plan and on getting rid of my rango I already have the two best car manufacturers in my drive way! (dodge&honda) no need to sell it!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed my D so badly when I went to Hawaii over the summer. Nothing like leaving your D in the middle of the US of A and not having a clue what's happening to it!

Quick Reply: interesting read,