1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Code / Misfire issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try some seafoam down the tb while it's running?

Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

never pour liquid into the TB, you can try seafoam through the brake booster if you would like, it will smoke like crazy and it will get alot of crap out, it may or may not help your specific problem.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:07 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

Sorry thought it went down the tb, never done anything with seafoam like that, just in the gas tank.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
selkov
Rookie

can you explain the procedure for using the brake booster with seafoam.
I have never heard of that.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Originally Posted by selkov
can you explain the procedure for using the brake booster with seafoam.
I have never heard of that.
It's on the side of the bottle. It's also found in dozens of posts on this forum. Just search it...

Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Originally Posted by mikeismadness
Sorry thought it went down the tb, never done anything with seafoam like that, just in the gas tank.
This is exactly why most people will only follow the recommendations of a select few on this forum. Do your homework before you suggest something that could possibly hydrolock an engine.
Readers beware: anyone can give a recommendation... No credentials required!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I have done it, but mind you very carefully and very slowly. It is not recommended unless you have someone with you instructing you how it can be done. Installing it into the brake booster line only cleans out the ports in with the vacuum lines run along it's way, however the fluid does not atomize anymore then if you gently, and I mean gently, trickle it into the Throttle Body.

One problem is with the air hat removed you have a large chance of sucking very large dust and other debris directly into the combustion chamber, so meaning it is better to remove the brake booster line, but whatever.

Ya, any type fluid in excess will hydro-lock a motor, even when placing it into the brake booster line as I stated why already.

As for the OP's statement,

It sounds like you either have a stuck valve or a bent one. If it is simply stuck you could try using Seafoam into the combustion chamber, in which you would remove the brake booster line and increase the RPM to about 1500 and slowly gentally pour little by little into the line and tun it off. Wait a few minutes and start it back up after replacing the line and rev that baby up.

I have seen some come loose running very high RPM's with a little cleaner, if not pull the head.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

I saw someone else pour seafoam straight down the tb very slowly so that's why I thought it was ok. And he happened to be very experienced with motors. He didn't just dump it down, he poured a very little amount. I don't just come up with random sh*t, just what I seen. If U didn't notice I added a question mark, because I wasn't 100% positive :-)

Quick Reply: Code / Misfire issue